‘Corvettes at MB’
Cars will command the spotlight in two places, for free:
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club’s 18th annual “Corvettes at Myrtle Beach” show, benefiting Canine Angels, which gives service dogs to veterans, and Hope House of Myrtle Beach, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, off 21st Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Details at 347-2019 orwww.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com
• Cruise-in by Hot Rod Promotions, 6-9 p.m. at Joey Doggs, 1818 U.S. 17 Business N., near Surfside Beach and by Old Time Pottery. 503-8245.
Choose from various special events:
19th annual open house, with daylilies in peak bloom, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. (and Sunday) at Browns Ferry Gardens, 13515 Browns Ferry Road (S.C. 51), 15 miles northwest of Georgetown. 546-6419 or www.brownsferrygardens.com.
• Art Festival, a meet-and-greet with about 50 local and regional artists and authors, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach and open until 5 p.m.; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or
• “Remembering Myrtle Beach: A Local History Series,” with Tempe Hughes Oehler, who worked with the first “news bureau” at the Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, 11 a.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N. 918-1282.
• “Move On” CD release party for Conway native Bobbie Rowe, 4-6 p.m. at The Music Spot, 1020-B Fourth Ave., Conway. 488-4444 andwww.bobbierowe.com
• “Flip Flop Ball: An Evening in Key West,” with the Landsharks Band, for Novant Health Foundation Brunswick Medical Center, 6 p.m. at Sea Trail Golf Resort & Convention Center in Surfside Beach, N.C., for $75. 910-721-1460.
“Hot Summer Nights” free concerts, 8-11 p.m. Tuesdays, Thusdays and Satrudays through August in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at North Ocean Boulevard and Mr. Joe White Avenue, starting with roots rock by Southwood. www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
Meet Guy Harvey
Attend Dino Capone’s School of Rock’s “Rockin’ Band Graduation Concert,” with six youth bands, who auditioned during the winter and rehearsed for the past 12 weeks. Reach school at 222-7155 or www.dinocaponesschoolofrock.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach