Bluegrass, wings fests
Food and music make up some festivals:
• Mostly Bluegrass Spring Festival, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. in Riverside Park, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C., with Outliers Band; free; bring a chair or blanket. 910-603-2995.
Never miss a local story.
• “Military Appreciation Days,” including Memorial Day weekend parade, with Rocky Bleier as grand marshal, 10:30 a.m. on Myrtle Beach’s Ocean Boulevard, from 27th Avenue North southward to Ninth Avenue North, and Family Picnic, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. on Ocean Boulevard, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North, with concert by Andrew Thielen Big Band; free meals for all military personnel and veterans and families. 918-1014 orwww.militaryappreciationdays.com
• “Best of the Best Wingfest,” benefiting Conway Chamber of Commerce and Omar Shriners, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. in Conway’s Riverfront Park, on Elm Street, including concerts by Scoot Pittman and Charlie Floyd; free admission; buy tickets for food and beverages. 248-2273 orwww.conwayscchamber.com/event/best-of-the-best-wingfest
Splash at water parks
Today is the first day this year when all three water parks are open; prices vary by site:
• 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at Myrtle Waves Water Park, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 10th Avenue North Extension. Details at 913-9260 orwww.myrtlewaves.com
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the newly renamed Splashes Oceanfront Water Park, across from Family Kingdom Amusement Park, 300 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. 916-0400 orwww.familykingdomfun.com
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach. 238-3787 orwww.wild-water.com
Cruise-in in Conway
Cruise in with Myrtle Beach Car Club sock hop. Saturdays, for free (742-9802):
Details | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Rotelli’s, 201 Graduate Road, Conway, off U.S. 501, across from Horry-Georgetown Technical College; free admission.
‘Made in Shade’ series
The “Made in the Shade” series begins with the Coastal Carolina University Saxophone CCU Saxophone Ensemble, led by Dan O’Reilly. Details at 546-7706 or www.kaminskihousemuseum.org.
Details | 4 p.m. on Kaminski House Museum lawn, 1003 Front St., Georgetown, for free.
Dance dazzles gala
At a Fine Arts Gala, see ballet, contemporary, jazz, tap and lyrical dance styles, including excerpts from Stravinsky’s “The Firebird” and a production in style of Rondo Veneziano with guest ballet artists. Details at 237-7465 or www.litchfielddance.com.
Details | 7:30 p.m. in Litchfield Dance Arts Academy’s black-box theater, 97 Otis Drive, Litchfield Beach, for $15.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach