Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on May 19
05/18/2013 5:00 PM
05/14/2013 11:51 AM
Blue Crab Fest finale
The 32nd annual Blue Crab Festival concludes, and includes music by Jim Quick & Coastline 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and The Fantastic Shakers 3-6 p.m. Details at 795-9755 or 385-3180.
Details | 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Little River waterfront; $3 advance or $5 at gate, and free pass for ages 12 and younger available at www.bluecrabfestival.org.
Students take stage
See local students and groups perform in:• Recital by Litchfield Dance Arts Academy of Litchfield Beach, with preshow at noon, and acts at 2 and 4 p.m. at Waccamaw High School in Pawleys Island, for $20 ages 12 and older, otherwise $10 children. 237-7465 or www.litchfielddance.com.
• Recitals at Andy Owings School of Music Concert Hall, across from Books-A-Million in Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach – one for each group of students – 2 and 3:30 p.m., for free. 839-1505 or www.andyowingsmusic.com.
• “Showstoppers,” by Carolina Forest High School Show Choirs, 3 p.m. at school, 70 Gardner Lacy Road, east of U.S. 501, for $7. Details at 236-7997 and www.cfhsshows.com.
• South Brunswick Interchurch Council 10th annual “Sing into Spring” concert, 3-5 p.m. at Calabash Presbyterian Church, 8820 Old Georgetown Road, between Calabash and Sunset Beach, N.C. Everyone is asked to bring nonperishable food items for food pantry. 910-579-4684.
Two groups convene
Two groups have monthly meetings:• Myrtle Beach Orchid Society, 2:30 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, welcoming everyone to bring orchids for display, and plants will be available for raffle and exchange. Details at 236-2221 or 910-579-7089.
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club, 5 p.m. at Castano’s Italian Steakhouse, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 347-2019 or www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com.
Miles salutes Elvis
Eddie Miles will perform “A Salute to Elvis & Country Legends.” Details at 272-1111 or 800-342-2262.
Details | 7 p.m. (and on June 23) at Alabama Theatre, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $22.95, $26.95 or $31.95.
Two concerts on tap• Dustin Lynch, known for “Cowboys and Angels” and “She Cranks My Tractor,” and The Chris Lane Band, 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along the Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to the Clarion Hotel, for free. Details at 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
• Eddie Miles’ “A Salute to Elvis & Country Legends,” 7 p.m. (and on June 23) at Alabama Theatre, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $22.95, $26.95 or $31.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com, and www.eddiemiles.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.