Quad of benefits
Pick a fundraiser:
• Boy Scout Troop 360 of Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet, Barbecue Fundraiser and “Super” Yard Sale, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Christ the King Church, 10172 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. Meal sales 11 a.m.-1 p.m., for $10 a plate, or $10 per pound. EmailEDorn@nexsenpruet.com
Never miss a local story.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club’s third annual “Back to Summer Car and Truck Show,” benefiting local charities, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, near Hard Rock Cafe, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. Admission free, and car registration $20, with awards at 3 p.m. 685-4002.
• Zumba party, 1:30-3:30 p.m. at Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17 N. at Mineola Ave., benefiting its scholarships for children’s summer camp programs. Donation $10 advance or $15 at door. 446-4169 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Pawleys Pavilion Reunion, for Habitat for Humanity of Georgetown County, 6:30 p.m.-midnight at Pawleys Island Nature Park, 321 Myrtle Ave., with The Mark Roberts Band. Tickets for ages 13 and older: $30 advance, $35 at gate, and for ages 2-12: $10. 546-5685 orwww.habitatgeorgetown.com/events.html
Some other outings
Go for a splash, ride or festival:
• “Mayfest on Main,” 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach, including concerts by John Waite at about 2 p.m. and Little River Band afterward; free. 280-5570 orwww.parks.nmb.us
• Myrtle Waves Water Park, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 10th Avenue North Extension, season opening day, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., for $29.99 48 inches of taller, $27.99 ages 55 and older, $25.99 shorter than 48 inches, and free ages 2 and younger. Save $5 atwww.myrtlewaves.com
• Pavilion Nostalgia Park, at Broadway at the Beach, Local Appreciation Day, noon to 5 p.m. with some free activities, and nine-ride ticket bundles $10, noon-2 p.m. 918-8725 orwww.pavilionnostalgiapark.com
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 2-5 p.m. at Cleat Chasers Restaurant & Bar, 2246 U.S. 501 E., Conway, in University Shoppes plaza. Free. 503-8245.
‘Space Day’ evening
Celebrate “Space Day: A Celebration of Space Exploration” with presentations on manned space voyages and robotic explorers, and living and working in space. Details at 910-575-0033 or www.museumplanetarium.org.
Details | 7 p.m. at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C.; $8 adults, $6 ages 60 and older, and students, and $4 ages 3-4.
‘Shaggin on Strand’ on TV
Catch a rerun of the documentary “Shaggin’ on the Strand,” with footage of myriad beach music bands such as the Tams, Embers, and the late General Johnson. Details at 704-365-1440 or www.munnassociates.com
Details | 2-3 p.m. on WWMB-TV 21.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach