Cinco de Mayo party
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at the 16th annual Burro Fest, 11 a.m.-1 a.m., with live entertainment outside 1-11 p.m. and a disc jockey inside from 10 p.m. until closing. Details at 626-1756 or www.fiestadelburroloco.com/events/.
Italian fest finale
Catch the final day of “Festa Italiana,” by Sons of Italy Myrtle Beach Lodge 2662 of Socastee. Details at 333-7523 or www.sonsofitalymb.com.
Double play on stage
Two theater groups will open their curtain at 3 p.m.:
• Final performance of “The Color Purple” by Theatre of the Republic, at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway, for $18. Details at 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• Atlantic Stage’s “Child’s Play,” for mature audiences, through May 12, at Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, at 79th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass; $27.50 general admission, $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military, and $17.50 students. 877-287-8587 or
Choose from concerts
Two special concerts are cued up:
• Carolina Master Chorale season finale, “Carmen,” with mezzo-soprano Kirstin Chavez and Long Bay Symphony Chamber Orchestra, 4 p.m. at Beach Church, 557 George Bishop Parkway, Myrtle Beach; $35 adults, $30 seniors, and $10 children and students younger than 25 with ID. Details at 444-5774 or
• Danny Funderburk, formerly of The Cathedral Quartet, 6 p.m. at Grand Strand Baptist Church, 350 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, near Carolina Forest, for free. 236-2233 andwww.grandstrandbaptistchurch.com
‘Alice’ ballet on screens
See “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” by the Royal Ballet in the “Opera & Ballet in Cinema” series, at 2 p.m. (or encore at 7 p.m. Tuesday) for $15 in either of two movie theaters. Details at www.operaincinema.com or www.carmike.com.
• Broadway Carmike 17, at Broadway at the Beach, off Grissom Parkway in Myrtle Beach (445-1616),
• Carmike 12 at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres (272-6598).
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach