Bevy of fests, events
Take your pick of various local outings:
• 17th annual “Blessing of the Inlet,” 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, including ceremony at 11:30 a.m. 651-5099,www.blessingoftheinlet.com
Never miss a local story.
• Friends of the Conway Library book sale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at 801 Main St., Conway. 915-7323.
• “Totally Turtles,” 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Myrtle Beach State Park, which is open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. daily, free with admission: $5 for ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15. 238-0874, 238-5325 orwww.myrtlebeachsp.com
• “Spring Fling” Family Fun Festival, benefiting Palmetto Academy of Learning and Success charter school and Palmetto Preschool and Learning Center, both of Myrtle Beach, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-1725 orwww.palmettoacademy.com
, and 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• Cruise-ins, both free, by Myrtle Beach Car Club, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Hamburger International, 4765 U.S. 17 Bypass S., just south of Myrtle Beach and Farrow Parkway/S.C. 707 (call 742-9802); and Hot Rod Promotions 6-9 p.m. at Joey Doggs, 1818 U.S. 17 Business N., near Surfside Beach and by Old Time Pottery (503-8245).
• 27th annual Rivertown Art & Music Festival, by Conway Downtown Alive, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. in downtown Conway. 248-6260 orwww.conwayalive.com
• “Festa Italiana,” by Sons of Italy Myrtle Beach Lodge 2662 of Socastee, noon-8 p.m. (and noon-6 p.m. Sunday), outside Alabama Theatre, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, including a pasta-eating contest by Villa Romana Restaurant of Myrtle Beach, and a display of Ferraris and Maseratis. 333-7523 orwww.sonsofitalymb.com
• Island River Music Fest, noon-5 p.m., with concerts by Latitude, and The Jamaican Jerks, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8 for ages 18-79, otherwise free; also, bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
Strawberry and Wine Fest, benefiting Old Bridge Preservation Society, noon-6 p.m. May 4 at Silver Coast Winery, 6680 Barbeque Road, Ocean Isle Beach, N.C., for $5, including music by The Imitations. 315-253-8107 or www.oldbridgepreservationsociety.org, and winery at 910-287-2800 or www.silvercoastwinery.com.
• AMP (Art. Music and Pilau) Fest, benefiting The Rice Museum, 633 Front St., Georgetown, noon-10 p.m. May 4 at The Krazy Fish, 619 Front St., Georgetown, for $4. 546-7423 orwww.ricemuseum.org
• Drawing demonstrations noon-12:30 p.m. by Arbrelle Vereen, a comic book artist, at Player’s Choice in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. 272-0268.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach