Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on April 27
04/26/2013 5:00 PM
04/26/2013 1:40 PM
Film fest concludes
The eighth annual Myrtle Beach International Film Festival brings a loaded final day. Details at 497-0220 or www.myrtlebeachfilmfestival.com:• Noon-2 p.m. – “Let Your Light Shine” (3), “The App Wizards” (15), “Good Dog” (13), “Desperately Seeking Sakakwea” (7), “Stan Herd: Down to Earth” (27) and “El Invento” (20)
• 2:30-4:30 p.m. – “Rolling Thunder” (3), “Searching for Wonder” (5), “Pulling Teeth” (7), “Restitution” (12), and “Grand Deception” (70)
• 5-7 p.m. – “King Tigermore in Strawberry Fields”(3), “Vimy Ridge” (3), “Tiny Horse Girlfriend” (4), “The Man in the Seersucker Suit” ( 7), and “Death by China 2.0” (70)
• 7-8 p.m. – Complimentary wine tasting from La Belle Amie Vineyard of Little River, sushi from Jimmyz Original Hibachi House of Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, and jazz by the Denny Hess Trio
• 8-9:20 p.m. – “Buthcher’d Meats” (5), “Birth of an Outlaw” (19), “Tinker” (17), and “Paper” (27).
• 9:30 p.m. – Awards ceremony
• 10 p.m. – After party at Sun City Cafe, 801 Main St., Myrtle Beach
Details | at Carmike Cinemas’ Broadway 16, at Broadway at the Beach, off Grissom Parkway, between 21st and 29th avenues North in Myrtle Beach (445-1616), for same prices as movies, per block of films.
Events go to dogs
Admission is free to these two pooch-driven events:• The Myrtle Beach Kennel Club’s American Kennel Club-sanctioned dog show, opens for two days, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., through Sunday, at Eastern Carolina Agricultural Fairgrounds, 5226 E. Palmetto St., Florence. $5 parking. 365-1622 or www.myrtlebeachkennelclub.org.
• Canine Carnival and Rescue Day, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at A Dog’s Way Inn, 761 Pendergrass Ave., Murrells Inlet, behind T-Bones Steak House, including participatory contests, demonstrations and dog agility clinics. 357-4545.
Workshop in drapes
A free workshop will cover “Dreaming about Draperies” and include snacks and prizes. Reservations at 916-8440. Also bring donations through May for the Carolina Animal Rescue Mission.
Details | 10:30 a.m.-noon at Ethan Allen Interiors, by Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach.
Pair of cruise-ins
Choose from two cruise-ins, for free, by:• Myrtle Beach Car Club, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Moe’s Southwest Grill, 201 Graduate Road, Conway, off U.S. 501, across from Horry-Georgetown Technical College. Details at 215-3849 or 742-9802.
• Hot Rod Promotions, 1-4 p.m. at Highway 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries, 4390 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet, by Piggly Wiggly. 503-8245.
Catch the Coastal Grand Symphony’s spring concert, with songs from movies such as “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “The Wizard of Oz.” Details at 839-1505 or www.andyowingsmusic.com.
Details | 4 p.m. at Andy Owings School of Music & Performing Arts Center Concert Hall, across from Books-A-Million in Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach, for free.
Panther shoots hoops
Josh Norman, a Coastal Carolina University alumna and cornerback for the Carolina Panthers and ambassador for the team’s nonprofit Starz24, will play host to a local charity basketball game with fellow NFL players and other athletes. Details at www.starz24.org.
Details | 6 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Pepper Geddings Recreation Center, 3205 N. Oak St.., for $10 ages 16 and older, $7 with college ID, and free ages 15 and younger.
Ethan Allen in Myrtle Beach Presents:
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.