‘RiverRead’ in Conway
Words will roll at “RiverRead,” a celebration that includes an “Author’s Alley” with about 20 authors taking turns with orations about every 10 minutes, and the student “Poetry Slam” contest. Details at www.riverread.org or email email@example.com.
Details | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (rain date April 27) in Conway’s Riverfront Park, at the end of Elm Street, for free.
Special events abound
Never miss a local story.
Some special events and celebrations include:
Waccamaw Arts and Crafts Guild’s “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (and on Sunday)in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. Free. Details at 446-7471 or www.artsyparksy.com.
• Sixth annual “Earth Day at the Bay” celebration, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Ocean Bay Middle School, on International Drive, west of S.C. 31. Free. 903-8420 or 903-8460.
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Poppy’s Burgers & Subs, 3290 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, by Inlet Square. Free. 503-8245.
• April Music Fest, noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, with music by the Mike McCoy Band, and The Necessary Experience, for $8 ages 18-79, otherwise free; also, bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• “Grand Strand Arts Spring Showcase,” wine tasting and Coastal Uncorked Launch Party, 2-5 p.m. at Croissants Bistro & Bakery, 3751 Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, showcasing 2012-13 Grand Strand Visual Artists of the Month, benefiting Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach at Horry-Georgetown Technical College. $10.www.coastaluncorked.com
• Grand Strand Beach Ballroom Dancers’ season finale dance, 7-10 p.m., in “Beach Luau” theme with music by Karen and Carl, at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $7. 903-3765.
Theater open house
Theatre of the Republic, which has opened “The Color Purple,” for the next three weekends, will have an open house for its inaugural Coastal Youth Theatre summer season, and parents and youth are welcome to tour the theater building, including the costume department, rehearsal studio and dressing rooms, and speak with various faculty members. Details at 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
Details | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway.
‘Singing in the Sun’
The 16th annual “Singing in the Sun” concert series conclude with The Collingsworth Family, Karen Peck and New River, the McKameys, Brian Free and Assurance, the Allen Family, and Jeff Laborg, speaker. Details at 888-238-6858 or www.abrahamproductions.net
Details | 6:30 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North, $20.50 general admission and $24.50-$28.50 reserved.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach