Myrtle Beach area hopping with Easter events
03/21/2013 12:00 AM
03/22/2013 11:32 AM
Events for Easter and Passover time are hopping as March rounds the corner for April showers and a new season springing into full swing.
Many churches and other groups have egg hunts. Here’s a smattering of some main events.
If you go
“ LIVE CRUCIFIXION,” 6:30-8:30 p.m. March 22-23 on hill between S.C. 410 and Fair Bluff Highway in Green Sea community, coordinated by Green Sea Baptist Church, based at 1241 Green Sea Road, Green Sea. 756-2363 or www.greenseabaptist.org.
CONWAY EGG HUNTS, by Conway Parks, Recreation & Tourism: 10 a.m. March 23 in Conway Recreation Complex, near shelter, including an egg race, egg toss, face painting, inflatables, and hunts by age group: ages 1-2 at 11 a.m., 3-5 at 11:15, 6-8 at 11:30, and 9-12 at 11:45 – children encouraged to bring own baskets. Also, fourth annual Twi-Light Egg Hunt at about 8 p.m. March 26 in Riverfront Park, for ages 11-13 – bring flashlights and baskets. 248-1740 or www.conwayparksand recreation.com.
EASTER EVENTS, March 23-31, at Bass Pro Shops, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for free (361-4800 or www.basspro.com):• Egg hunts for ages 2-10, 1-2 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays; registration opens at 12:30 p.m.
• Children’s crafts – make a bunny magnet 1-4 p.m. March 23-24, and make a bunny frame or scratch-art object, 6-8 p.m. March 29 and 1-4 p.m. March 30-31.
• Free photos with Easter Bunny – 6-8 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and 1-4 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays.
SPRING/EASTER CRAFT SHOW, noon-6 p.m. March 23 and 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. March 24 at St. Brendan Catholic Church, 5101 Ocean Highway W. (U.S. 17), Shallotte, N.C., benefiting needy hungry people in Brunswick County. 910-575-7638.
“ EASTER EGG-SPLOSION,” for ages 2-12, 1-3 p.m. March 23 at Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17 N., Little River, for games, bounce house, 15-foot slide, cookie decorating, clowns and face painting, and egg hunt at 1:30 p.m. Free, but donations welcome. 249-2329.
COMMUNITY SEDER MEAL Kosher dinner buffet, for Passover, 6:30 p.m. March 26 at The Dunes Golf & Beach Club in Myrtle Beach, coordinated by Temple Emanu-El, a Conservative congregation in Myrtle Beach and led by Rabbi Avi Perets. Members: $45 ages 13 and older, $23 ages 4-12, otherwise $55 and $30, respectively, and free for ages 3 and younger. RSVP with check payable to the temple, at 406 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, SC 29572. 449-5552 or www.mbsynagogue.org.
“ THE LIVING LORD’S SUPPER” play, based on da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” portrait, 7 p.m. March 27-29 at Timberlake Baptist Church, 9850 S.C. 707, just south of Holmestown Road, in Burgess community. Free. 650-9509.
EASTER EGG HUNT CARNIVAL, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. March 29 at Battleship North Carolina, at U.S. routes 17, 74, 76 and 421, in Wilmington, N.C., on south side of Cape Fear River. Egg hunts every 20 minutes, including a slower-pace hunt area for children, including special needs youth, who’d like a less stressful environment. Also, a petting zoo hand; bring cameras for photos with Buddy the Battleship Bunny. $5 ages 3 and older, otherwise free. 910-251-5797 or www.battleshipnc.com.
EASTER BUNNY MEET-AND-GREETS/PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES:• Coastal Grand mall, on U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach, through March 30 in center court. 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and noon-6 p.m. Sunday. Various photo packages available. 839-9100 or www.coastalgrand.com.
• Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Bypass and U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet, in front of Books-A-Million, arriving 10 a.m. March 23 with Seamore Turtle. Visit 11 a.m.-7 p.m. March 23, 29 and 30; noon -6 p.m. March 24; and 2-6 p.m. March 25-28. Various photo packages available. 651-6990 or www.inletsquaremall.com.
• Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach: noon-4 p.m. March 30 in center court (bring your own camera); also, fireworks at 9 p.m. over Broadway Lake. 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthe beach.com.
EASTER BUNNY MEALS:• Breakfast, egg hunt, crafts and photos, 8-10 a.m. March 30 at Ripley’s Aquarium, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. $19.95. Reservations required at 916-0888 or 800-734-8888. www.ripleysaquarium.com.
• Breakfast 9-10:30 a.m. March 30 at Travinia Italian Kitchen, 4011 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, at The Market Common, across from Grand 14 Cinema. $10 and bring own camera for Easter Bunny photos. Reservations required at 233-8500. www.traviniaitalian kitchen.com.
• Breakfast 9-10:30 a.m. March 30 at Hard Rock Cafe, at Broadway at the Beach, at 29th Avenue North and U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. $9.95 ages 3 and older, otherwise free. 946-0007 or www.hardrock.com/ myrtlebeach.
• Brunch and egg hunt on March 30: 9-11 a.m. or 12:30-2:30 p.m., at Children’s Museum of South Carolina, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach (also accessible from Oak Street), for $12. Pre-registration due March 26 at 946-9469. www.cmsckids.org.
CAR SHOWS/CRUISE-INS:• Hot Rod Promotions’ fourth annual Easter Car Show & Picnic, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. March 30 at Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, for park admission – $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15 – plus $10 registration and covered dish for picnic. 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club’s fourth annual Easter Car Show, benefiting local charities, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. March 30 (registration at 9 a.m. for $20; 48 trophies scheduled) at Lakewood Camping Resort, 5837 U.S. 17 S., between Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach. 215-3849 or 742-9802.
Compiled by Steve Palisin, email@example.com
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.