Tour Georgetown sites
Take in the final day of the annual “Plantation Tour,” self-guided tours covering plantations and town houses in and near Georgetown, in a fundraiser for a church’s preservation and for various charities. Details at 545-8291, 546-4358 or www.pgwinyah.com/plantation-tour-locations.
Brookgreen ‘Diggin’ It’
The annual “Diggin’ It” festival with many speakers, demonstrations and information tents. Also, for a tool sharpening demo and session 1:30-3:30 p.m., the public is welcome to bring clean tools such as pruners, shears, knives, shovels, spades and axes for free sharpening. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Five special events
Choose from five special events with food, art, music or any such combination:
• Create! Conway’s annual Equinox Art & Music Fest, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at Historic Horry County Court House, 1201 Third Ave., Conway, for free. Easter Bunny photos available 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Details at 248-4527 orwww.createconway.com
• “Taste of the Coast,” a sixth annual benefit for Risen Christ Lutheran School of North Myrtle Beach, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. Admission $1 ages 13 and older, otherwise free; food and ride tickets $1 each. Kids Zone includes rock wall, bungee jumping and face painters. 455-6728 or
• Remember When Oldies Fest noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School, with music by The Holiday Band, and Johnny Cobb., for $8 ages 18-79, otherwise free; also, bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• “Tempo 54” Drumline Showcase, 4 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University’s HTC Center, off S.C. 544 in Conway, with drumlines from South Carolina State, Winston Salem State and North Carolina A&T, for $7 ages 11 and older, otherwise $5. 349-2787 orwww.coastal.edu/culturalarts
• The Friends of the Georgetown County Library welcome Peter Fletcher for classical guitar concert, 7-8:30 p.m. at Winyah Auditorium, 1200 Highmarket St., Georgetown, for $10. 545-3303, 461-1342 orwww.winyahauditorium.com
Two cruise-ins roll
Two cruise-ins happen on this day, for free, by:
• Myrtle Beach Car Club, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Denny’s, 730 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. Details at 215-3849 or 742-9802.
• Hot Rod Promotions, 1-4 p.m. at Highway 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries, 4390 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, near Piggly Wiggly. 503-8245.
Family Kingdom open
Family Kingdom Amusement Park opens for the season with daily hours through April 7, then Fridays-Sundays through April, before expanding hours as summer approaches. Details at 626-3447 or www.familykingdomfun.com.
Celebrate Easter early
Get hopping with Easter a weekend early with:
• Spring/Easter Craft Show, noon-6 p.m. (and 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday), at St. Brendan Catholic Church, 5101 Ocean Highway W. (U.S. 17), Shallotte, N.C., benefiting needy hungry people in Brunswick County. Details at 910-575-7638.
• “Easter Egg-Splosion,” for ages 2-12, 1-3 p.m. at Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17 N., Little River, for including games, bounce house, 15-foot slide, cookie decorating, clowns and face painting, and egg hunt at 1:30 p.m. Free, but donations welcome. 249-2329.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach