Special events in NMB
Choose from two special programs in North Myrtle Beach:
• “Gardening 101 with Gary Forrester,” from the Horry County Extension Office of Clemson University, 10-11:15 a.m. at Horry County Memorial Library, 910 First Ave. S., for free. Details at 915-5281 orwww.hcml.org
“A Rare Titanic Family,” with author Julie Williams, 7 p.m., at North Myrtle Beach Area Historical Museum, 799 Second Ave. N., after youth performance at 6:30; $10 adults, $5 students. 427-7668 or www.nmbmuseum.com.
Learn to play pickleball
Learn to play pickleball at a free clinic. Details at 918-2282.
Triple bill at CCU
Coastal Carolina University in Conway welcomes the public to three events, all for free:
• Carolyn Dillian, a CCU archaeologist, will give the keynote speech at the Phi Alpha Theta induction ceremony, at 4 p.m. in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts. Details at 349-2437 or email@example.com.
• “You Are My Sunshine,” a solo show by Terry Galloway, writer, director and performance artist, 5:30-6.30 p.m. in Wall College of Business Administration auditorium. 349-6657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Step Afrika! from Washington, D.C., dancing at 7 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. 349-2863.
Meet artists in Conway
In a reception, meet the nine Horry County artists – Jim Arendt, Lon Calhoun, Jack Cayton, Ruth Cox, Armon Means, Easton Selby, Emily Smith, and Ed and Barb Streeter – in the Create! Conway Invitational Art Exhibit through April 19. The exhibit is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. Details at 248-4527 or www.createconway.com.
Powell leads concert
In the Cultural Council of Georgetown County “Third Tuesday Treasures” concert series, take in a Coastal Carolina University Music Department Revue, with host Philip Powell, chairperson. Details at 520-0744 or www.culturalcouncil.info
Acts open for week
Choose from two comedic slates opening for the week through Saturday, each at 8 p.m. for $15:
• Dale Jones, with Cooter Douglas opening, at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. Details at 449-4242 orwww.comedycabana.com
• Janet Williams, “The Tennessee Tramp,” at Carolina Comedy Club and Back Stage Bar and Grill, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. 839-2565 or-www.carolinacomedyclub.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach