See dogs’ agility
Details | Runs start 8:45 a.m. A Dog’s Way Inn, 761 Pendergrass Ave., Murrells Inlet, west of U.S. 17; free to watch.
Meet ‘Cat in the Hat’
“The Cat in the Hat” will have a meet and greet 11 a.m.-2 p.m., and mermaid shows splash down at noon and 2 and 4 p.m. Details at 916-0888, 800-734-8888 or www.ripleysaquarium.com.
Details | Free with admission at Ripley’s Aquarium (which opens 9 a.m.), at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach: $22.99 ages 12 and older, $14.99 ages 3-11, and free ages 2 and younger.
Parties for St. Pat’s
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in three big parties, all with free admission:
• North Myrtle Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival, with parade at 9 a.m., and festival 11 a.m.-4 p.m., all on Main Street. Details at 280-5570 orwww.parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=14
• Irish Fest, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, at The Market Common. 712-2618 orwww.MyrtleBeachBeerFest.com/Irish-Fest.html
, and 839-3500 orwww.marketcommonmb.com
• Oceanfront Merchants Association, noon-midnight on Myrtle Beach’s Ocean Boulevard, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North, with many concerts 12:15-10:45 p.m., closing with Passafire. 602-4813 orwww.mbdowntownstpats.com
Spring in spotlight
Think spring with three events:
• “Get Green for Spring” with Low Country Herb Society, and gardening specialists answering questions and sharing tips, 9:30 a.m.-noon at Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch, 24 Commerce Lane, west of U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island, for free. 359-0987 orwww.lcherbsociety.info
• Wildlife and History Day, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Huntington Beach State Park (which is open 6 a.m.-10 p.m.) on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with park admission: $5 ages 16 and older, $3.25 S.C. seniors, $3 ages 6-15. 235-8755, 237-4440 orwww.southcarolinaparks.com/huntingtonbeach/
• “The Burning of the Socks,” for spring equinox, 4-7 p.m. at S.C. Maritime Museum, 729 Front St., Georgetown, with food, and music by Henry’s Attic; $30 members, otherwise $35. 520-0111 orwww.scmaritimemuseum.org
Zumba for VFW
Join a Zumba fitness party for community projects by Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7288 of Calabash, N.C., 446-4169 or email email@example.com.
Details | 1:30-3:30 p.m. at Brunswick Community College South Brunswick Island Center, 9400 U.S. 17 W., Carolina Shores, N.C., for $10 advance or $15 at door.
‘Cinderella’ on stage
See “Cinderella” by the Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre of Murrells Inlet. Details at 651-2006 or www.coastalyouthballettheatre.org.
Details | 2 and 7 p.m.(and 4 p.m. Sunday) at Beach Church, 557 George Bishop Parkway, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass, just west of Myrtle Beach; advance: $15 adults and $10 for children/seniors; at the door, $20 and $15, respectively.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach