Two afternoon benefits
Take in two fundraisers this afternoon:
• Second annual Surf-Skate Expo, for Surfrider Foundation Grand Strand Chapter and the Atlantic Surfing Federation, 1-8 p.m. in parking lot between Creek Ratz and Capt. Dave’s Dockside, by the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk, on U.S. 17 Business; free admission. Details at 997-9184 orwww.atlanticsurfing.org
• Chris Barnes, Tommy Blaze, MG Gaskin and Patti Vasquez in third annual Laugh Out Loud Comedy Show, for Conway Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club of Conway, 3 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University Wheelwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway, for $20. 248-2273, or atwww.lolcomedyshow.org
Cars accelerate events
Two events in a car theme are warmed up:
• Cruise-in by Hot Rod Promotions, 1-4 p.m. at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, off U.S. 17 Bypass, outside Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach, for free. Details at 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club, monthly meeting and dinner, 5 p.m. at Benjamin’s Calabash Restaurant 9593 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. 347-2019 orwww.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com
‘3-in-1 Day’ at park
At the annual “3-in-1 Day,” celebrate the birthdays and wedding anniversary of Archer and Anna Hyatt Huntington, founders of Brookgreen Gardens and the namesakes of Huntington Beach State Park. Details at 650-6666 or: www.huntingtonbeachstatepark.com.
Plays in matinees
Three plays continue:
• Kathryn Martin’s “Ten Little Murders” finale, 3 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main. St., Conway, for $15. 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
• “Souvenir,” at 2:30 p.m. at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown, for $15. 527-2924 orwww.swampfoxplayers.com
• Brunswick Little Theatre’s “The Dixie Swim Club,” 3 p.m. at Playhouse 211, 4320 Southport-Supply Road (N.C. 211), for $17 adults, $12 students, and $6 ages 12 and younger.910-200-7785 or playhouse211.com, andwww.brunswicklittletheatre.com
Romantic afternoon musically
The Long Bay Symphony “Romantic Blockbusters” concert will feature Sebastian Baverstam on cello and the the world premiere of “… the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind,” by Donald Sloan, a music professor at Coastal Carolina University. Details at 448-8379 or www.longbaysymphony.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach