* FESTIVE BRASS OF MYRTLE BEACH. New members welcome: Rehearsals 7 p.m. Mondays at First United Methodist Church, 904 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Also: Can/Am Days concert 3 p.m. March 17 at First United Methodist Church, 901 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, for free. 293-6162 or festivebrassofmyrtlebeach.org.
* XFACTOR AUDITIONS, registration March 17-18 with auditions March 19 at the North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston. www.thexfactorusa.com.
• Beginner and intermediate 1:30-4 p.m. Mondays, and low intermediate 1:30 p.m. Thursdays at The Marlin, 614 Atlantic Ave., Garden City Beach, across from Kroger side entrance. Each $3. 450-4299.
• Beginners, 10-11:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at South Strand Recreation Center, 9650 Scipio Lane, south of Holmestown Road, in Burgess community, just past the Horry County offices. $20 per month for as many as eight classes, or $5 per class. 915-5333 or 450-4299.
• Beginners 10:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays and high beginner/easy intermediate 6-8 p.m. Mondays at Dick Johnson Civic Center, on Pine Drive in Surfside Beach. $3 each. 651-4603.
• Intermediate, 10 a.m.-noon Wednesdays at Dick Johnson Civic Center, on Pine Drive in Surfside Beach. $3. 455-0442 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Beginners and Beginner Plus 3:30-4:30 p.m. Thursdays at Calabash Elks Lodge, 937 Carter Drive, Calabash, N.C. $4. 222-6600.
• North Myrtle Beach’s J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road: line dancing 10:15-11:15 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, each $4 per class; and shag on Thursdays, beginners 6-7 p.m. and beginners plus 7-8 p.m., each $8 per class or $30 for four monthly.
• Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach: line dancing 1-2 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays; and shag on Wednesdays, beginners plus 2-3 p.m. and beginners 3-4 p.m., each $4.
• Elks Lodge 2679, 937 Carter Drive S.W., Calabash, N.C.: line dancing on Thursdays, beginners 3-4 p.m. and beginners plus 4-5 p.m., each $5.
* CRAFT FAIR, third annual, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Feb. 23 at Hampton Inn & Suites Oceanfront, 1803 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. 946-6400.
* CRUISE INTO SPRING AND SUMMER” Fashion Show and Luncheon on March 9, by St. Andrew Women’s Club and Belk at Coastal Grand mall, benefiting Hope Hoiuse of Myrtle Beach, as well as family outreach and women’s club projects: social hour 11 a.m., lunch noon and show 1 p.m. at Dunes Golf and Beach Club, 9000 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, for $35. Reservations due March 4 at 703-623-5567 or 903-4296.
* ELVIS FAN CLUB MYRTLE BEACH/GRAND STRAND, March 8, Friday, “King Shazaam Show,” 7-10 p.m. March 8 at Fresh Brewed Coffee House, 933 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach, for $5 cover. 424-9124 or www.kingsshazaam.com.
* HORRY COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY “STORIES IN STONES” benefit, April 12-13 in downtown Conway, with Peter Horry Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution and Sons of Confederate Veterans Litchfield Camp 132. Tours both days, all of sites on National Register of Historic Places: First United Methodist Church 9 a.m. and Hebron United Methodist Church/Buck Family Cemetery 11 a.m.; and Hebron/Buck 1 p.m. and First Methodist 3 p.m. Combo package $30. Also, guided tours of Bryan House, 606 Main St.., at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. both days, for $5 each. Details from Conway Visitor Center, 903 Third Ave.; Conway Chamber of Commerce, 203 Main St.; and Bodega, 301 Main St.; as well as 457-3496, www.hchsonline.org and by emailing email@example.com.
* THE LEARNING TREE preschool, spaghetti dinner for dine-in or takeout – sponsored by The Olive Garden – and raffle benefit, 4:30-6 p.m. Feb. 21 at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, just west of Surfside Beach, for $6, with water or lemonade $1 extra for dine-in; raffle tickets $1. 602-2611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dream Land Skating Arena, 4475 Privetts Road, east of U.S. 701, north of Conway; open Tuesdays and Thursdays-Sundays; details at 369-2055 orwww.dreamlandskatingarena.com
• Fun Warehouse Family Fun Center, 2349 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), between Socastee and Surfside Beach, a half-mile east of U.S. 17 Bypass; open daily; 748-0302 orwww.funwarehousemb.com
“ WOMEN HELPING WOMEN REACH FOR THE STARS” 10th annual Antique Appraisal Fair, benefiting Philanthropic Education Organization chapter in Southport, N.C., 1-4 p.m. Feb. 24 in Southport Community Center. Appraisals $7, or three for $20. Reach Jackie Brzezniak at 910-454-9886 or email@example.com.
• For all ages: “Whose Beach Is It Anyway?” 7:30 p.m. Feb. 23, $14 ages 12 and older, $12 ages 4-11.
• For adults: “Whose Night Out Is It Anyway?” 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22 and 23, $14; and “Chick-Dicktionary” 9 p.m. Feb. 22, $10 or free with purchase to previous show that night.
* HOUSE OF BLUES, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach: Various shows such as “Blues-A-Palooza” concert series 9-11 p.m. Saturdays, for free; guests such as REO Speedwagon March 1, Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang March 2; prices vary for each. Also: Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre shows, 7 p.m. Saturdays, for $42 ages 13 and older ( www.murdermysteryproductions.com); 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
• Special museum programs free with admission: Help feed touch-tank animals at 11 a.m. Fridays; and at 11 a.m. Saturdays, such as “What Kind of Fish Is That, Mister? Feb. 23. Also: 19th annual Family Day 10 a.m.-2 p.m. March 30, with free admission this day only.
• Planetarium open noon Fridays-Saturdays: Sky Theater shows through May 23: “Astronaut” at 1 p.m., “Dynamic Earth” 2 p.m., “Zula Patrol: Under The Weather” (especially geared to young children) 3 p.m., and “Tales of the Maya Skies” 4 p.m.; and laser music shows, at 5 and 6 p.m. respectively – “Led Zeppelin” and “Pink Floyd’s ‘The Wall’ ” (not recommended for young children) March 15-16.
Museum admission, and per Sky Theater planetarium show: $8 adults, $6 ages 60 and older, and students; and $4 ages 3-4. Reach museum at 910-579-1016, planetarium at 910-575-0033, or visit museumplanetarium.org.
• Sister operations: Executive Helicopters, 2800 Terminal St., North Myrtle Beach (427-7351 orwww.executiveheli.com
) and Huffman Helicopters, 3000 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, by east end of Myrtle Beach International Airport. (946-0022 orwww.huffmanhelicopters.com
• Helicopter Adventures, 1860 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, west of U.S. 17 Bypass, behind NASCAR SpeedPark and across from Broadway at the Beach. 800-359-4386 orwww.1800fly4fun.com