• Beginner and intermediate 1:30-4 p.m. Mondays, and low intermediate 1:30 p.m. Thursdays at The Marlin, 614 Atlantic Ave., Garden City Beach, across from Kroger side entrance. Each $3. 450-4299.
• Beginners, 10-11:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at South Strand Recreation Center, 9650 Scipio Lane, south of Holmestown Road, in Burgess community, just past the Horry County offices. $20 for eight sessions, or $5 for one. 915-5333 or 450-4299.
• Beginners 10:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays and high beginner/easy intermediate 6-8 p.m. Mondays at Dick Johnson Civic Center, on Pine Drive in Surfside Beach. $3 each. 651-4603.
• Intermediate, 10 a.m.-noon Wednesdays at Dick Johnson Civic Center, on Pine Drive in Surfside Beach. $3. 455-0442 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Beginners and Beginner Plus 3:30-4:30 p.m. Thursdays at Calabash Elks Lodge, 937 Carter Drive, Calabash, N.C. $4. 222-6600.
• North Myrtle Beach’s J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road: line dancing 10:15-11:15 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, each $4 per class; and shag on Thursdays, beginners 6-7 p.m. and beginners plus 7-8 p.m., each $8 per class or $30 for four monthly.
• Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach: line dancing 1-2 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays; and shag on Wednesdays, beginners plus 2-3 p.m. and beginners 3-4 p.m., each $4.
• Elks Lodge 2679, 937 Carter Drive S.W., Calabash, N.C.: line dancing on Thursdays, beginners 3-4 p.m. and beginners plus 4-5 p.m., each $5.
* “CATTAILS & COCKTAILS”, 1-4 p.m. Sunday at Hobcaw Barony’s Kimbel Lodge and Pond, on U.S. 17, just north of Georgetown, a kickoff to the Winyah Bay Heritage Festival – which is March 2-3 in Georgetown – and a Georgetown County Historical Society benefit for the Georgetown County Museum, including food by local celebrity chefs, along with beer and wine. $25 members, otherwise $30. 545-7020 or www.georgetowncountymuseum.com, and www.winyahbayfestival.org.
* HORRY COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY “STORIES IN STONES” benefit, April 12-13 in downtown Conway, with Peter Horry Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution and Sons of Confederate Veterans Litchfield Camp 132. Tours both days, all of sites on National Register of Historic Places: First United Methodist Church 9 a.m. and Hebron United Methodist Church/Buck Family Cemetery 11 a.m.; and Hebron/Buck 1 p.m. and First Methodist 3 p.m. Combo package $30. Also, guided tours of Bryan House, 606 Main St.., at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. both days, for $5 each. Details from Conway Visitor Center, 903 Third Ave.; Conway Chamber of Commerce, 203 Main St.; and Bodega, 301 Main St.; as well as 457-3496, www.hchsonline.org and by emailing email@example.com.
• Dreamcq Landcq Skating Arena, 4475 Privetts Road, east of U.S. 701, north of Conway; open Tuesdays and Thursdays-Sundays; details at 369-2055 or .
• Fun Warehouse Family Fun Center, 2349 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), between Socastee and Surfside Beach, a half-mile east of U.S. 17 Bypass; open daily; 748-0302 or .
“ WOMEN HELPING WOMEN REACH FOR THE STARS” 10th annual Antique Appraisal Fair, benefiting Philanthropic Education Organization chapter in Southport, N.C., 1-4 p.m. Feb. 24 in Southport Community Center. Appraisals $7, or three for $20. Reach Jackie Brzezniak at 910-454-9886 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* COMEDY CABANA, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach: Shaun Jones through Saturday, Mitchell Walters: Wednesday-Feb. 17, Tommy Blaze: Feb. 20-23, Vinnie Mark: Feb. 27-March 2, Patti Vasquez: March 5-9 and Chris Barnes March 12-16, each $15. 449-4242 or www.comedycabana.com.
* STRAND THEATER, 710 Front St., Georgetown. Swamp Fox Players in “Souvenir” 8 p.m. March 1-2, 8-9 and 15-16, and 2:30 p.m. March 10 and 17, for $15; and “Strand Cinema” showcase (www.strandcinema.org), each $5 members, otherwise $7: Larry Ketron Film Festival – “Fresh Horses” 7 p.m.. Feb. 15; “The Only Thrill” 7 p.m. Feb. 16 and 2 p.m. Feb. 17, and “The Retrievers” 2:30 p.m. Feb. 16. 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
* SOCASTEE HIGH SCHOOL, on S.C. 707, just east of Dick Pond Road/S.C. 544: “A Night with the Socastee Singers,” a benefit concert at 7 p.m. Thursday-Friday, for $10, to help pay for their travel to New York for competition; and “Disney’s ‘Tarzan’” March 21-24 Details at 293-9041.
* MISC. EVERYTHING MURRELLS INLET, 4124-D U.S. 17 Business, across from The Marsh Walk. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesdays-Saturdays. 357-3507 www.everythingmurrellsinlet.com.
• Sister operations: Executive Helicopters, 2800 Terminal St., North Myrtle Beach (427-7351 orwww.executiveheli.com
) and Huffman Helicopters, 3000 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, by east end of Myrtle Beach International Airport. (946-0022 orwww.huffmanhelicopters.com
• Helicopter Adventures, 1860 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, west of U.S. 17 Bypass, behind NASCAR SpeedPark and across from Broadway at the Beach. 800-359-4386 orwww.1800fly4fun.com