* GRAND STRAND USA DANCE, CHAPTER 6024, ballroom classes on Mondays at Anaerobic Studio, in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres; enter in rear of mall, by Bass Pro Shops: beginners 6 p.m., intermediate 7 p.m.; $7 members, otherwise $9. 283-0007 or 602-7197. Next social dance 7-10 p.m. Saturday in Western theme with music by member-volunteer Rosalie Drust and dance lesson by Sandra Lucas-Hyde at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center. A dish to share suggested; beverages supplied; singles welcome; $7 members, otherwise $10. 808-3397 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* SQUARE DANCE LESSONS, 1-3:30 p.m. Thursdays through April 25, Town Creek Park Community Building-1490 Village Road N.E., Leland, N.C. $80 per couple. Pre-register at 910-253-2583.
* VARIOUS DANCE CLASSES, by Jane Cole, details at 222-6600:
* “HULAS AND HOMICIDE”, seventh annual murder mystery dinner benefit for Horry County Literacy Council,” 6 p.m. Jan. 26 at Sea Mist Resort Conference Center, 304 12th Ave. S., Myrtle Beach, between Kings Highway and Ocean Boulevard. $40 individual/$75 couple. 839-1695 or www.literacyhc.org.
* PAINTING “WATER” WORKSHOP, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, Oak Island Recreation Center, 3003 E. Oak Island Drive, Oak Island, N.C. Noted artist Richard Staat of the Oak Island Art Guild conducts the workshop and will demonstrate how to paint water, still or moving. Free. Bring photo of water, sketching materials, watercolors, container for water, watercolor paper and bag lunch. Oil, acrylic and pastel artists welcome to bring their materials. 910-845-3335.www.dreamlandskatingarena.com
* SUNSET RIVER MARKETPLACE, 10283 Beach Drive, Calabash, N.C. 910-575-5999.
Pine-needle Workshop with Melanie Walter, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, teaches students to make a pine-needle basket and learn how to start, coil and shape the piece. Call for reservations.
. More details at 251-6402 or www.southbysoutheast.org
* HOBCAW BARONY, on U.S. 17 just north of Georgetown. Various nature programs and tours, such as barony tours at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays-Fridays for $20; and birding tours, for ages 14 and older, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. on third Saturday monthly, for $30 – register by Monday beforehand at www.georgetowncountysc.org/parks/default.html or call 545-3333 by the day before the tour; more details at 933-1372. Hobcaw details at 546-4623, www.hobcawbarony.org or www.northinlet.sc.edu.
Museum admission, and per Sky Theater planetarium show: $8 adults, $6 ages 60 and older, and students; and $4 ages 3-4. Reach museum at 910-579-1016, planetarium at 910-575-0033, or visit www.museumplanetarium.org.
TOURSwww.executiveheli.com www.huffmanhelicopters.com www.1800fly4fun.com