* FESTIVE BRASS OF MYRTLE BEACH. New members welcome: Rehearsals 7 p.m. Mondays at First United Methodist Church, 904 65th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Also: Christmas concert 3 p.m. Dec. 2 at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach; free. 293-6162 or festivebrassofmyrtlebeach.org.
* Beginner and intermediate 1:30-4 p.m. Mondays, and low intermediate 1:30 p.m. Thursdays at The Marlin, 614 Atlantic Ave., Garden City Beach, across from Kroger side entrance. Each $3. firstname.lastname@example.org
Classics, each at 2 and 7 p.m. each at regular prices: matinees $6 adults,$5.75 senior/child, and evenings $8 adult, $7 local/student/military, and $5.75 senior/child:
Myrtle Beach Car Club, free: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. SaturdayNov. 17 at Maggi D’s Restaurant, 407 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach, across from Coastal Grand mall; and 1-4 p.m. SundayNov. 18 at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, 101 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill. 215-3849 or 742-9802.www.dreamlandskatingarena.com www.funwarehousemb.com
, brunswicklittletheatre.com and www.playhouse211.com.
* COMEDY CABANA, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. Open-mic competitions Tuesdays through Dec. 4, for $5 each; and Manny Oliveira through Saturday, and Tim Statum Wednesday-Dec. 1, $15 each. 449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
. Foreign film showcase, each $5 members, otherwise $7:
“Moonrise Kingdom” (2012) 7 p.m. SaturdayNov. 24
“Where Do We Go Now?” (2011) 2:30 p.m. Dec. 1 and 7 p.m. Dec. 14
* HOUSE OF BLUES, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. Slippery When Wet 8:30 p.m. Friday; Megadeth 8:30 p.m. Saturday; 2 Chainz with Cap 1 8:30 p.m. Nov. 30; and Myrtle Beach Rocks! presents Wintersplash Reggae Fest. to benefit Veronica Lynn Tario Foundation with TreeHouse!, Sun-Dried Vibes, Of Good Nature, Below The Bassline and Jay D. Clark 8 p.m. Dec. 1; Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre, several nights weekly for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com). 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
* RIVERTOWN BLUEGRASS SOCIETY, next concert at 5 p.m. Dec. 15 with Amick Junction and Slope Valley, at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $10 members, otherwise $12. Also, preshow jams at 3 p.m. for any acoustic player; no electric instruments except bass. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com
. More details at 251-6402 or www.southbysoutheast.org.
* STARDUSTERS BIG BAND, with vocalist Terri Landstrom, “A Jazzy Christmas Concert” 7:30 p.m. Dec. 7 in North Myrtle Beach’s J. Byran Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road; free. 910-575-4620
* COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY, in Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, in Conway, “Discovering the Durer Cypher” closes Friday. “Portfolios,” by CCU Department of Visual Arts graduating seniors, Dec. 6-15, with closing reception 4:30-6:30 p.m. Dec. 14. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. Free. 349-6454 or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
Museum admission, and per Sky Theater planetarium show: $8 adults, $6 ages 60 and older, and students; and $4 ages 3-4. Reach museum at 910-579-1016, planetarium at 910-575-0033, or visit www.museumplanetarium.org.
* RESUMES IN SPRING: “COASTAL KAYAKING”, guided tours of a salt marsh just north of Huntington Beach State Park, near Murrells Inlet, 10 a.m.-noon Mondays through October. $35. Reservations due at 235-8755 by 4 p.m. the previous Sunday. www.southcarolinaparks.comwww.executiveheli.com www.huffmanhelicopters.com www.1800fly4fun.com