* MURRELLS INLET COMMUNITY THEATRE, auditions for several one-act and 10-minute plays for Second Stage repertory troupe, 2-4 p.m. Dec. 1-2 at 4450 Murrells Inlet Road. 651-4152 or mictheatre.com.
Beginners and Beginner Plus 3:30-4:30 p.m. Thursdays at Calabash Elks Lodge, 937 Carter Drive, Calabash, N.C. $4. 222-6600.
Classics, each at 2 and 7 p.m. each at regular prices: matinees $6 adults,$5.75 senior/child, and evenings $8 adult, $7 local/student/military, and $5.75 senior/child:www.dreamlandskatingarena.com www.funwarehousemb.com
* ALABAMA THEATRE, at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. “The South’s Grandest Christmas Show” through Dec. 31, and guest concerts, 7 p.m.: Eddie Miles “An Elvis Christmas” Dec. 2 and James Gregory Dec. 9. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
* BRUNSWICK LITTLE THEATRE. Stagestruck Players’ “Dorothy Meets Alice or The Wizard of Wonderland,” through Sunday at Playhouse 211, 4320 Southport-Supply Road (N.C. 211). $17 adults, $12 ages 13-17, $6 ages 12 and younger. 910-200-7785 or playhouse211.com, and brunswicklittletheatre.com. 910-755-7416, 800-754-1050, ext. 7416, www.bccowa.com, brunswicklittletheatre.com and www.playhouse211.com.
* CALVIN GILMORE THEATRE, on U.S. 17 Business, near northern junction of U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach. “The Carolina Opry Christmas Special,” through Jan. 5, and “Light” daily. 913-4000, 800-843-6779 or www.thecarolinaopry.com.
* CAROLINA IMPROV COMPANY, based at Uptown in Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. “Whose Beach Is It Anyway?” Friday-Saturday and “Whose Holiday Is It Anyway?” opening Nov. 23, each $14 ages 12 and older, $12 ages 4-11; and “Dysfunctional Holiday Gathering,” for ages 18 and older, opening Nov. 21, for $14. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
* “CHRISTMAS AT PIRATES VOYAGE FUN, FEAST & ADVENTURE”, on U.S. 17 Bypass, near northern junction of U.S. 17 Business in Myrtle Beach. Through Dec. 31.497-9700, 800-433-4401 or www.piratesvoyage.com.
* THE GRAND THEATRE, 301 U.S. 17 Business S., Surfside Beach. Dinner shows “The Marvelous Wonderettes’ Holiday Prom” through Dec. 11, and “Dino’s TV Christmas Special” through Dec. 20. 808-9188, 800-252-5642 or www.thegrandtheatre.us.
* LEGENDS IN CONCERT, U.S. 17 Bypass, off 29th Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Christmastime tributes to Elvis Presley, Celine Dion, Alan Jackson, Johnny Mathis, and the Blues Brothers, through Dec. 31. 238-7827, 800-960-7469 or www.legendsinconcert.com.
* MEDIEVAL TIMES DINNER & TOURNAMENT, off U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, 6 p.m. several nights per week. $50.95 ages 13 and older, $30.95 ages 12 and younger. 236-8080, 800-436-4386 or www.medievaltimes.com.
* THE PALACE THEATRE, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 21st Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach. “Christmas on Ice” and “Rock Around the Clock” through Dec. 29.448-0588, 888-841-2787 or www.palacemb.com.
* SWAMP FOX PLAYERS’ “STRAND CINEMA”, Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com. Foreign film showcase, each $5 members, otherwise $7:
* ANDY OWINGS SCHOOL OF MUSIC & PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, in Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach. Coastal Grand Symphony Fall Concert 3 p.m. Saturday, Yamaha Clavinova Fun Festival for pianists 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 8 (register by Nov. 27), and Christmas Music Recital 2 p.m. Dec. 16 (participants signup closes Dec. 7). All free. 839-1505 or www.andyowingsmusic.com.
* CULTURAL COUNCIL OF GEORGETOWN COUNTY, “Art & Appetizers” on making Thanksgiving table decorations, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday in council's Clocktower classroom, on Front Street in Georgetown, for $20, or $15 for members; reservations due noon Monday. Also, Third Tuesday Treasures” concert series at 7 p.m. Tuesday with holiday concert by pianist Ann Miles and friends at Holy Cross Faith Memorial Church, 85 Baskerville Drive, Litchfield Beach, west of U.S. 17; free. 520-0744 or www.culturalcouncil.info.
* COASTAL CAROLINA UNIVERSITY, in Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery, in Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, in Conway, “Discovering the Durer Cypher” through Nov. 23. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. Free. 349-6454 or www.coastal.edu/bryanartgallery.
* FRANKLIN G. BURROUGHS-SIMEON B. CHAPIN ART MUSEUM, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach. An Artist’s Eye: A Journey through Modern and Contemporary Art with Sigmund Abeles” and “Figuratively Speaking: The Art of Sigmund Abeles,” both through Dec. 29 with docent tour 2 p.m. Dec. 2; and “Jonathan Green – The Artist as Servant-Leader: A Retrospective of Community Engagement” through Dec. 30. Free. 238-2510 or www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org.
* COWORK MYR, 601 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Grand Strand Arts’ 2012 Grand Strand Artists of the Month Group Exhibition, honoring Sybil Alfano, Calvin Blassingame, Blake Brown, Rachel Jones, Gwen Mis, Don Perry, Natalie Sexton, Scott Smallin, Bill Strydesky and Joe Winkler, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Fridays through early January, for free. 900-0270, www.coworkmyr.com and www.grandstrandarts.com.
* HARRY THE POTTER – PAINT YOUR OWN POTTERY STUDIO, 4007-B Belle Terre Blvd., west of Forestbrook Road and Food Lion plaza. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, and 1-5 p.m. Sundays. 903-0773 or www.harry-the-potter.com.
* JEWELRY BY WENDY – BEACH HOUSE FINE ARTS, 10152 Beach Drive S.W., Unit 6, Calabash, N.C. Works by artists such as Ann Bates, Elyse Clark, Terrie O’Neill and Cindy Saadeh. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays. 910-575-0024 or www.jewelrybywendy.com.
* MUD BUCKET POTTERY, 279 S.C. 57, Little River. 399-8702 or www.mudbucketpottery.com.
* HOBCAW BARONY, on U.S. 17 just north of Georgetown. Various nature programs and tours, such as barony tours at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays-Fridays for $20. Also: “Shooting Stars: Photographing Stars and Star Trails” with Donald Withers, 4-8 p.m. Monday (rain date Tuesday), for $75. Reservations required at 546-4623. More information at www.hobcawbarony.org or www.northinlet.sc.edu.
Museum admission, and per Sky Theater planetarium show: $8 adults, $6 ages 60 and older, and students; and $4 ages 3-4. Reach museum at 910-579-1016, planetarium at 910-575-0033, or visit www.museumplanetarium.org.
* BAREFOOT PRINCESS RIVERBOAT, various cruises at various times, days and rates, sailing from Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 272-2140, 800-685-6601 or www.mbriverboat.com.
* BETWIXT THE RIVERS kayak and canoe tours, year round, mainly from Horry County landings, including moonlight dinner tours.430-1000 or 423-1919.
* BODCACIOUS BOB’S BICYCLE TOURS, ranging from 5 to 35 miles from U.S. 17 in Little River, across from S.C. Welcome Center, with a farm, beaches, winery and Little River’s waterfront as destinations. Bring-your-own-bike specials at $45; guided tours $75, including a T-shirt, bike rental with helmet and lunch; free for children with cart rental; group discounts available. 241-2731 or www.beachbicycletours.com.
* CAPT. JIM’S “RIVER MEMORIES” TOURS, on an electric yacht, 90-minute cruises from Conway Marina, 10 a.m. and 1 and 4 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays. $15 ages 13 and older, $10 ages 3-12. 246-1495 or www.rivermemories.org.
* CAPT. KIRK’S RIVER AND SWAMP TOURS, noon, 1:30 and 3 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, from Waccatee Zoo, 8500 Enterprise Road, Socastee, with room for six passengers. $16 adults, $8 children. Water taxi to Bucksport Restaurant also available evenings and weekends. 650-7477.
* CAP’N ROD’S CAROLINA SWAMP TROMP TOURS, four-hour tours on a pontoon up the Pee Dee River from Front Street harborwalk in downtown Georgetown. $32. 477-0287 or www.lowcountrytours.com.
* CAROLINA SAFARI JEEP TOURS, 3 1/2-hour tours across the Grand Strand, including Pawleys and Magnolia islands, along the Waccamaw River, wildlife viewing, a salt marsh and Gullah heritage. $42 ages 13 and older, $30 ages 12 and younger, and discount for military, police, AAA members and seniors. Pickups arranged at time of reservations. 497-5330, 272-1177 or www.carolinasafari.com.
* THE CENTER FOR BIRDS OF PREY, 4872 Seewee Road, Awendaw, 35 miles south of Georgetown, east of U.S. 17, first left south of the Sewee Outpost. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, with guided tours 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. and flight demonstrations at 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. $12 adults, $10 ages 6-18. 971-7474 or www.thecenterforbirdsofprey.org.
* COASTAL EXPEDITIONS, four locations; offers variety of kayak tours and adventures year round. 884-7684 or www.coastalexpeditions.com.
* “COASTAL KAYAKING”, guided tours of a salt marsh just north of Huntington Beach State Park, near Murrells Inlet, 10 a.m.-noon Mondays through October. $35. Reservations due at 235-8755 by 4 p.m. the previous Sunday. www.southcarolinaparks.com.
* FREEWOODS FARM, on Freewoods Road, off Bay Road from S.C. 707 in the Burgess community. Activities include learning how to grow and cook fresh vegetables, along with demonstrations, farmers market and a farm tour. 650-9139 or www.freewoodsfarm.com.
* HELICOPTER TOURS, all with rates starting at $20:www.executiveheli.com www.huffmanhelicopters.com www.1800fly4fun.com
* MYRTLE BEACH SEGWAY, 2922-A Howard Ave., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common near Valor Memorial Garden. Self-guided tours $39 an hour, $59 two hours; two-hour guided tours of Huntington Beach State Park: $69. 477-0800 or www.mbsegway.com.
* PIRATE ADVENTURES for children, on the Sea Gypsy from Crazy Sister Marina, 4123 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. $25 ages and older, otherwise $12. 651-3676 or www.myrtlebeachpirates.com.
* SWAMP FOX TOURS, across historic Georgetown, from 624 Front St. Hourly 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays. $10. 527-1112 or www.swampfoxtours.com.
* WACCAMAW COOTER AIRBOAT TOURS, 45- to 60-minute rides from Wacca Wache Marina, 1950 Wachesaw Road, Murrells Inlet, along the Waccamaw River, west of U.S. 17, between Waccamaw Community Hospital and Brookgreen Gardens; schedule depends on tides and weather, with a minimum four riders and maximum six; call for times. $40 ages 13 and older, $30 ages 4-12. 651-2994 or www.plantationrivertours.com.