Find free movies, including three in city parks
▪ “Keeping Up with the Joneses,” for adults, 3 p.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Pampas Drive and Horry-Georgetown Technical College Grand Strand campus. 843-918-2380.
▪ “Finding Dory,” dusk at The Market Common, in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway. 843-839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com/events/.
▪ “Wall-E,” dusk in Conway’s Riverfront Park, on Elm Street. 843-488-1950 or www.conwayparksandrecreation.com.
Never miss a local story.
▪ “Moana,” 15 minutes after sunset, in North Myrtle Beach’s McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, south of Main Street, between First and Second avenues south. 843-280-5594, ext. 3; or parks.nmb.us.
Free outdoor concerts include Winter at Boathouse
▪ In Brunswick County: Continental Divide, 6:30-8 p.m. outside Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. Second St., Ocean Isle Beach (910-579-1016 or www.museumplanetarium.org; and The Imitations, 6:30 p.m. in Oak Island’s Middleton Park Soccer Field, on S.E. 46th Street. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ Carter Winter, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 843-903-2628 (BOAT) or boathousemb.com.
Social dance fills evening at Base Rec Center
Join a social dance, with music from disc jockeys Rosalie and Jack Drust, $7. Details at 570-881-0244, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details: 7-10 p.m. (also on July 22) at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. $7.
Murrells Inlet VFW fires up Friday fish fry
The public in invited to a weekly “Friday Night Fish Fry.” Details at 843-651-6900.
Details: 4-7 p.m. at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10420, 4359 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Murrells Inlet. $6.50 per plate.
‘Cool Summer Evenings’ extend Brookgreen hours
During “Cool Summer Evenings,” Brookgreen Gardens stays open until 9 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays, through Aug. 11, with concerts at 7 p.m. every Wednesday and Friday, this Friday with the Shem Creek Boogie Band. Also, on Thursdays: Butterfly Field activities at 5 p.m., Ron Daise orating stories at 6 p.m., and for extra $8 for adults, $4 children, “A Pirate Adventure” boat rides at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. Details at 843-235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org/CoolSummerEvenings.html.
Details: At Brookgreen, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach (open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily). Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $16 ages 13-64, $14 ages 65 and older, $8 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger.