SATURDAY, SUNDAY | 07.01, 07.02
In This Moment, Corey Smith among House of Blues weekend guests
House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach will welcome some special guests in the next week. Ticketing fees might apply:
▪ In This Moment, with Motionless In White, Vimic, and Little Miss Nasty, 7 p.m. Saturday, for $28-$60.
▪ “Sweet Reggae Sunday,” with Urban Soil and PaperWork, 7-11 p.m. Sunday, for free.
▪ Corey Smith, 8:30 p.m. Sunday, for $18-$33.
▪ Michael Franti & Spearhead, 8:30 p.m. Monday, for $25-$55.
▪ “Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre,” by Murder Mystery Productions, 7 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays through August, for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com).
▪ “World Famous Gospel Brunch,” 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays into September, for $33 ages 11 and older, $16.50 ages 4-10, and free ages 3 and younger – Reservations at 843-913-3746.
Details at 843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
WEDNESDAYS | Through 08.09
Myrtle Waves cues up movies weekly in wave pool
Myrtle Waves Water Park rolls family “Dive-In Movie Nights” at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, weather permitting, with this schedule: “Trolls” on June 28, “Sing” July 5, “Finding Dory” July 12, “The Jungle Book” July 19, “The Lego Batman Movie” July 26, “Kung Fu Panda 3” Aug. 2, and “Dolphin Tale 2” Aug. 9.
Special general admission after 4 p.m. Wednesdays is $13.99 plus tax – no next day free with this rate. Find the park, which opens at 10 a.m. daily, at 3000 Mr. Joe White Avenue North Extension, Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17.
Details at 843-913-9250 or www.myrtlewaves.com.
DAILY | Open 11 a.m.
Take aim inside Ripley’s Haunted Adventure Laser Strike
Ripley’s Haunted Adventure Laser Strike, open 11 a.m. daily, is the new outing among the company’s block of attractions in downtown Myrtle Beach.
In this real-lifelike video game for for ages 8 and older, touted as a close-quarter combat experience across two floors, participants aim lasers to take down flesh-eating monsters from all angles. Groups of six are recommended, and parties of eight can be accommodated.
Tickets are, plus tax, $16.99 for adults, and $9.99 for children, and discounts are available with combination ticket purchases for any of the other Ripley’s sites at 901-915 N. Ocean Blvd. – Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium, Ripley’s Marvelous Mirror Maze, and Ripley’s 5D Moving Theater – and Ripley’s Aquarium, at Broadway at the Beach, on 29th Avenue North (843-916-0888, 800-734-8888 or www.ripleysaquarium.com).
Also, each of Ripley’s five Myrtle Beach outings has half-price admission available, plus tax, for residents of Horry, Georgetown and Brunswick counties, with ID.
Details at 843-448-2331 or www.ripleys.com/myrtlebeach.
MONDAYS-SATURDAYS | Through 08.31
Waccamaw Library showcases Slice paintings, Robidoux photos
The Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch continues its role in showcasing local artists. Through August, see:
▪ Paintings on canvas and watercolor paper, by Barnie Slice of Pawleys Island, who also had painted an estimated 50 miles of walls in some 250 schools across the Carolinas from 1991 to 2005 over the next thirteen years.
Photos by Ed Robidoux of Murrells Inlet, founder and president of the Tidelands Photography Club.
Find the library at 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard. It’s open 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays.
Details at 843-545-3623 or georgetowncountylibrary.sc.gov.
TUESDAYS-THURSDAYS, SATURDAYS | Through 09.02
Old Bridge museum’s various activities span summer
Visit the Old Bridge Preservation Society’s museum, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., with summer hours through Sept. 2: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and 5-8 p.m. Tuesdays.
Special activities through Aug. 17 include:
▪ “Family Fun Nights” and lecture guests – Alternating at 6 p.m. Tuesdays – with “Super Heroes” on July 11, “Civil War Defenses,” with Jim McKee, July 18; “Christmas in July,” July 25; a speaker to be announced for Aug. 1; “Pirate Night,” Aug. 8; and “Growing Up Coastal,” with Al Nord.
▪ “Young Explorers,” for ages 5-13 – 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays, with learning activities, and a craft to take home.
Admission is free. Details at 910-363-6585 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.