Deals for dads abound, including water parks
This Sunday only, fathers get in for free with another paid admission, in deals not valid with any other offer or promotion:
▪ Open 10 a.m. at Broadway Grand Prix Family Race Park, 1820 21st Ave N. Ext., Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17, across from Broadway at the Beach. 843-839-4080 or broadwaygrandprix.com.
▪ 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach. 843-238-3787 or www.wild-water.com.
▪ 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. at Myrtle Waves Water Park, on Mr. Joe White Avenue (formerly 10th Avenue North) Extension in Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17. 843-913-9250 or www.myrtlewaves.com.
▪ 5 and 7:30 p.m. at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, 2904 Fantasy Way, close to U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach and the Intracoastal Waterway, with code “DAD17” and purchase of another adult ticket. 843-236-4635, 888-935-6878 (WE-JOUST), or www.medievaltimes.com/myrtlebeach.aspx.
▪ Also, escape to Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, 40 Patriots Point Road, Mount Pleasant, open 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. with free admission for all dads, with no other conditions. Parking $5. 843-884-2727 or www.patriotspoint.org.
Choose from bevy of free concerts outside
▪ “Surfside Sunday Serenades,” 2-5 p.m. with Dr. Joe Moyer, Randall Hill, and Grover Windham, in gazebo at Surfside Beach’s Passive Park, near the veterans memorial, at Surfside and Willow drives, by front of Horry County Memorial Library’s Surfside Beach branch. 843-450-7281.
▪ Trial By Fire tribute to Journey, 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 843-903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
▪ The Embers featuring Craig Woolard, 6:30 p.m. at Holden Beach Pavilion, at end of Jordan Boulevard. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ “Summer Nights,” 7-10 p.m. with Shelley Sasser from Dino Capone’s School of Rock in center court, at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. 843-444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
▪ “SummerFest!” with Nick Pike, a British juggler, comedian, unicyclist, and former semi-finalist from NBC’s “America’s Got Talent,” 7 p.m. at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, in Lakeside Village, near carousel and Castano’s Italian Restaurant. 843-272-8349 or www.bflanding.com.
Orchid enthusiasts welcome at meeting
The Myrtle Beach Orchid Society will meet, with everyone invted to bring plants for display and take part in a raffle of orchids and a discussion of orchid culture. Newcomers welcome. Details at 843-236-2221 or 910-579-7089.
Details: 2:30 p.m. at Grand Strand Senior Center, 268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach.
Stage Left, Brunswick theaters busy with shows
▪ “Steel Magnolias,” 3 p.m. Sundays through June 25, and on June 24, and 8 p.m. June 22-24, at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, next to Coastal Dance Centre. $21 general admission; and $18 active-duty military, veterans and students. 843-232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
▪ “Smokey Joe’s Cafe – The Songs of Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller,” 3 p.m. Sundays through June 25, and 7:30 p.m. June 22-24, at Brunswick Little Theatre, 8068 River Road, Southport, N.C. $20 adults, and $10 students with ID. 910-447-2586 or brunswicklittletheatre.com.
House of Blues books trio of Sunday events
House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, has three events. Details at 843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach, and ticketing fees might apply:
▪ “World Famous Gospel Brunch,” 9 a.m.-2 p.m., for $33 ages 11 and older, $16.50 ages 4-10, and free ages 3 and younger – Reservations at 843-913-3746.
▪ “Sweet Reggae Sundays,” with Jahman Brahman with Circuit Trio, 7-11 p.m., for free; and Lil Uzi Vert, 8 p.m. (rescheduled from May 11), for $35-$65.
Classic series goes on quest for ‘Lost Ark’
“Flashback Cinema” plays at 2 and 7 p.m. Sundays and Wednesdays, with “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” from 1981, June 18 and 21; “The Blues Brothers” June 25 and 28; “Jaws” July 2 and 5; and “The Sandlot” July 9 and 12. Details at 843-282-0550 or www.flashbackcinema.net.
Details: At Grand 14 Cinema, at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. Each at regular movie prices.