Sun Fun’ fest, ‘Salt Games,’ Corvette show shine across city
▪ “Sun Fun Festival,” in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park area, at North Ocean Boulevard and Mr. Joe White Avenue, with parade 10 a.m.-noon, southward on Ocean Boulevard between Eighth and 16th avenues North, U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute landings on beach at 12:30 p.m., and other festivities 5-11 p.m., including Swingin’ Medallions concert 8 p.m., and fireworks 10 p.m. All free to see. www.sunfunmb.com.
▪ The Native Sons “Salt Games,” benefiting Surf Dreams Foundation (www.surfdreamsfoundation.org), 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday at Burroughs and Chapin Pavilion Place, and on the beach, on Myrtle Beach’s Ocean Boulevard, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North. Free to see; entry fees vary for competitions. 843-448-0585. Full schedule at www.thesaltgames.com.
▪ Myrtle Beach Corvette Club’s 22nd annual “Corvettes at Myrtle Beach” show – benefiting Veterans Welcome Home and Resource Center, in Little River, and Meals on Wheels of Horry County – 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, in Myrtle Beach. Free to see; car entry $30. 843-340-1731 or www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com.
Never miss a local story.
▪ “Art Festival,” 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $16 ages 13-64, $14 ages 65 and older, $8 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger. 843-235-6000 or www.brookgreen.org.
Enjoy ‘Ag + Art Tour’ in Conway, Aynor
The “Ag + Art Tour “ of Horry County, part of a statewide event all month, entails free, self-guided tours of farms and sites highlighting local artisans, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday. 843-248-3558 or www.agandarttour.com/horry.
▪ Traviana Farm, 3655 Highway 19, Conway; and Sassafras Nursery & Herbs, 3221 Highway 319, Aynor.
▪ Saturday only – Conway Farmers Market, 217 Laurel St., Conway; and till 4 p.m. at Horry County Museum, 805 Main St., Conway (843-915-5320 or www.horrycountymuseum.org), including Morris Brothers bluegrass concert at 1 p.m., and Horry County Museum’s L.W. Paul Living History Farm, 2279 Harris Shortcut Road, north of Conway (843-365-3596).
▪ Conway Glass, 708 12th Ave., Conway, including “Yarn Bomb Your Bicycle” workshop.
Two sensory friendly showings at Grand 14
Families with children with autism are invited to a choice of special sensory showings of “Captain Underpants” or “Wonder Woman.” Details at 609-744-0099, championautismnetwork.com, or email email@example.com.
Details: Both 10 a.m. at Grand 14 Cinema at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. Free admission.
‘American Pie’ fest, social dance among outings
▪ Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Aromas Pizza, 10799 S.C. 707, Murrells Inlet. Free. 843-742-9802 or www.myrtlebeachcarclub.com.
▪ American Pie Oldies Music Fest, noon-5 p.m.at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8; bring two canned/dry-good items for area food banks and receive $3 discount. 843-399-9463 or labelleamie.com.
▪ Strand Cinema, with “The Founder” at 2:30 p.m., and “All Together” 7 p.m., at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown., and each is $5 for members, otherwise $7. 843-527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
▪ Social dance, with music from disc jockeys Rosalie and Jack Drust, 7-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Pampas Drive and Horry-Georgetown Technical College Grand Strand Campus. $7. 570-881-0244, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stage shows include Nirvanna, two plays
▪ At House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach (843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach). Ticketing fees might apply: “Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre,” by Murder Mystery Productions, 7 p.m., for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com); N’Tranze, 7-11 p.m. on The Deck, for free; and Grunge Fest featuring Nirvanna (Nirvana tribute), 8 p.m., for $11-$13.
▪ “A Steady Rain,” geared to adults, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and June 7-10, and 3 p.m. Sundays through June 11, at Atlantic Stage, in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $27.50 general admission; $22.50 ages 55 and older, as well as educators and military; and $17.50 students, including Coastal Carolina University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members. 877-287-8587 (ATS-TKTS) or www.atlanticstage.com.