Veteran shares details of thriller novel
Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Hot Fish Club, 4911 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. $30, and with $5 cash rebate with purchase of book on site.
Bake sale helps nonprofit’s community outreach
Never miss a local story.
A bake sale will benefit local community needs through the Myrtle Beach Order of the Eastern Star Chapter. Details at 843-251-3667.
Details: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Inlet Affairs, 4031 U.S. 17 Business S, Murrells Inlet, accross from Drunken Jack’s restaurant.
House of Blues outings include charity auction
A variety of shows pack the weekend at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach (843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach). Ticketing fees might apply:
▪ Friday – “2LiveBeyond ParTee with the Pros” charity auction with Alfonso Ribeiro, host, and performances by such artists as Jason Scheff, former longtime singer and bassist with Chicago, and Rudy and Steve Gatlin, 6 p.m., for $100 (buy tickets at 843-808-9569 or www.2livebeyond.com/partee-with-the-pros); and Chocolate Chip & Company band, 7-11 p.m. on The Deck, for free.
▪ Saturday – “Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre,” by Murder Mystery Productions, 7 p.m., for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com); N’Tranze, 7-11 p.m. on The Deck, for free; and Grunge Fest featuring Nirvanna (Nirvana tribute), 8 p.m., for $11-$13.
▪ “World Famous Gospel Brunch,” 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday. $33 ages 11 and older, $16.50 ages 4-10, and free ages 3 and younger – Reservations at 843-913-3746.
‘Clybourne Park’ open for final weekend
Details: 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main. St., Conway. $22.
Forecast for Atlantic Stage: ‘A Steady Rain’
Atlantic Stage season finale is “A Steady Rain” (instead of “K2,” as previously scheduled), a show geared to adults. Details at 877-287-8587 (ATS-TKTS) or www.atlanticstage.com.
Details: 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, and June 7-10, and 3 p.m. Sundays through June 11, at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $27.50 general admission; $22.50 ages 55 and older, as well as educators and military; and $17.50 students, including Coastal Carolina University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members.
Improv troupe lines up comedy shows for June
Carolina Improv Company, at Uptown Theater, by Bass Pro Shops in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 an S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, rotates a slew of shows at 7:30 p.m. Details at 843-272-4242:
▪ “Whose Beach Is It Anyway?” family friendly show, Fridays through June 23, and Tuesdays, June 13-27, for $15 ages 13 and older ($13.75 advance at www.carolinaimprov.com) and $13 ages 4-11.
▪ Adult shows – “Whose Night Out Is It Anyway?” Saturdays, June 3, 17 and 24, as well as June 8 and 28; and “Menage-A-Prov,” June 10 – each $13.75 advance online or $15 at door.