Three special events on south Strand
▪ “Dining For a Cause,” with a portion of proceeds this day benefiting Miss Ruby’s Kids, an early childhood education program in Georgetown County (843-436-7197 or www.missrubyskids.net), 8 a.m.-9 p.m. at bisQit, in The Hammock Shops, 10880 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island.. Reservations at 843-979-2747.
▪ “Blue Christmas” service, for anyone who has experienced a loss, 5:30 p.m. at Church of the Resurrection, 8901 U.S. 17 Bypass, west of Surfside Beach, between Glenns Bay Road and Garden City Connector. 843-215-4500.
▪ “A Very Fashionable Christmas! Having A Ball!” through Dec. 30 at Kaminski House Museum, 1003 Front St., Georgetown, with guided tours available at 11 a.m. and 1 and 3 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, with admission of $12 for ages 18-64, $10 ages 65 and older, $6 ages 6-17, and free ages 5 and younger. Also, candlelight tour, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, for $15. 843-546-7706 or www.kaminskimuseum.org.
Never miss a local story.
Light show daily in North Myrtle Beach
“The Greatest Christmas Light Show” shifts Thursday to a daily schedule, through Dec. 24, then Dec. 26-30. Details at parks.nmb.us.
Details: 5:30-9 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway. $15 per vehicle with 1-15 passengers, $30 with 16-30 guests, and $60 with 31 or more (call 843-280-5570 to schedule buses).
Students command stages at three schools
▪ Winter concerts, both 6 p.m., at Georgetown Middle School gym (843-527-4495 or www.gms.gcsd.k12.sc.us), and at Georgetown High (843-546-8516 or www.ghs.gcsd.k12.sc.us) – both at 2500 Anthuan Maybank Drive, Georgetown. Free.
▪ “Yuletide Magic Winter Holiday Show,” 6:30 p.m. at Black Water Middle School, 900 E. Cox Ferry Road, Conway, between S.C. 90 and U.S. 501. $5. 843-903-8440, ext. 52116.
Murder mystery dinner at Cooper House
Take in the return of “Murder Mystery Dinner Theater,” in a “Law & Order” themed show rated PG-13. Reserve tickets at 843-267-6886. More details: www.thecooperhouse.net.
Details: 7 p.m. (doors open 6:30 p.m.) at The Cooper House, 6011 Dick Pond Road, Socastee, north of the swing bridge. $35 advance only.
Final week for three theaters’ yuletide shows
▪ “’Twas the Night Before Christmas,” 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, at Atlantic Stage, in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $27.50 general admission; $22.50 ages 55 and older, as well as educators and military; and $17.50 students, including Coastal Carolina University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members. 877-287-8587 (ATS-TKTS) or www.atlanticstage.com.
▪ Theatre of the Republic’s “Holiday on Main Street: Be a Santa,” 7:30 p.m. daily through Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main. St., Conway. $25. 843-488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
▪ “It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play,” 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Saturday, at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, next to Coastal Dance Centre. $21 general admission; and $18 active-duty military, veterans and students. 843-232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
Minervini headlines weekend at Comedy Cabana
Richie Minervini, known for various TV and movie roles, will perform nightly through Saturday, with Cooter Douglas opening. Details at 843-449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
Details: 8 p.m. Thursday, and 8 and 10:15 Friday-Saturday, at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $15 or $17.50.