CCU special arts events in two places
Coastal Carolina University has two special arts events. Details at 843-349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts:
▪ “Indochine,” a 1992 film set in colonial era Vietnam, about a mother and her adopted daughter – and concluding “War & Society Film Series” – 5 p.m. in The Coastal Theater in the Lib Jackson Student Union, Room A-110, on main campus in Conway, accessed from S.C. 544 and U.S. 501. Free. (More details at 843-349-6461, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
▪ 17th annual “Fall Choral and Holiday Concert” by CCU Concert and Chamber Choirs, and Guitar Ensemble, 7:30 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 1001 Fifth Ave., Conway. $7.
Final round for club’s open-mic contest
An annual open-mic competition rolls on, with a final preliminary round at 8 p.m. Tuesday, and the finals at 8 p.m. Dec. 7. Details at 843-449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
Details: At Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach. $8 on Tuesday, $12 for finals.
GTS Theatre alternates shows nightly
The GTS Theatre, 1220 Port Drive, Myrtle Beach, off southbound U.S. 17 Bypass, near Jamin Leather – and also accessed from S.C. 707 via Macklen Road, near the Super 8 motel – continues its fall slate of shows, with this schedule this week. Prices vary by show. Details at 843-756-4386 (4FUN) or www.gtstheatre.com.
▪ “A Redneck Christmas Show,” 7 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
▪ “Motor City Musical – A Tribute to Motown,” 7 p.m. Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Two more months for museum exhibits
Two exhibits continue through Dec. 30 at the Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays and 1-4 p.m. Sundays, with free admission. Details at 843-238-2510 or myrtlebeachartmuseum.org:
▪ “Logan Woodle: Blessed Burdens,” with 19 metal and wood sculptures.
▪ “Celia Pearson’s Layerings – A Glimpse of Southeast Asia,” a photography showcase.