Run for Kids, mini-golf benefits begin day of events
▪ Yard sale benefit for Animal Voice Alliance to benefit Horry County animals, 8 a.m.- 1 p.m. at 552 Crusade Circle, Conway, in Castlewood subdivision, off Myrtle Ridge Road. 843-347-0427.
▪ “Run for the Kids 5k” for Children’s Recovery Center of Myrtle Beach, at Morse Park Landing, on U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet, with 1-mile run/walk at 7:30 a.m. ($22.50 ages 14 and older, $12.50 ages 7-13), and 5k at 8 a.m. ($32.50 ages 14 and older, otherwise $22.50). 843-448-3400 or www.childrensrecoverycenter.org/events.html.
▪ “Showdown at the Shipwreck,” miniature golf tournament Boy Scouts benefit, 9 a.m. at Shipwreck Island Adventure Golf, 3301 S. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17 Business, next to Midway Par 3. $20 ages 17 and younger, $25 adults. Email Philbethune@gmail.com.
Never miss a local story.
▪ “Myrtle Beach Color Vibe 5K Run,” 9 a.m. at Myrtle Beach Speedway Amphitheater, 455 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, about three miles north of Myrtle Beach, and just past S.C. 31. Price varies by solo or team runner for ages 13 and older. www.thecolorvibe.com/index.php.
▪ Plaza City Market, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Five Points district in downtown Myrtle Beach, at Ninth Avenue North. Free admission. www.facebook.com/plazacitymarket/?fref=ts.
▪ Start of Pawleys Island Festival of Music & Art, in downtown Georgetown, with “Chalk Walk,” 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Seaside Palette en Plein Air and Wet Paint Sale, 3:30-5:30 p.m. outside Kaminski House Museum, 1003 Front St. Free. 843-626-8911 or pawleysmusic.com.
▪ Sunset Beach Paddle Fest benefit, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Sunset Beach Waterfront Park, 206 Sunset Blvd. N. Free admission, with parking and shuttle service provided by Sea Trail Resort & Conference Center. 883-573-223, and register for races at visitsunsetbeachnc.com.
▪ Seacoast Artists Guild’s “Arts in Common” Fall Festival, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. Free. 843-232-7009 or www.seacoastartistsguild.com.
▪ Special sensory showing of “Storks,” for families with children with autism, 10 a.m. at Grand 14 Cinema at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. Free for first 100 people, otherwise $5 each. 609-744-0099, championautismnetwork.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Irish-Italian International Festival, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach. Free admission. Also, spaghetti-eating contest, 2:15 p.m. at stage at 400 Main St.; sign up for free 10 a.m.-1:45 p.m. at festival information booth. 843-280-5570 or parks.nmb.us/festivalsevents/.
▪ Atalaya Arts & Crafts Festival – 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, and noon-5 p.m. Sunday – at Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Garden. $8 daily or $10 multiday pass ages 16 and older, otherwise free. 843-237-4440, www.atalayafestival.com, and www.huntingtonbeachsp.com.
▪ Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., at Maggie D’s, 407 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach.. Free. 843-742-9802 or www.myrtlebeachcarclub.com.
▪ Rivertown Dine-Around” culinary tour, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. from Conway Visitor Center, 903 Third Ave. Free admission, with pre-registration at conwayalive.com. Mini-entree items on sampler menu start at $2, and most items do not exceed $4. 843-248-6260.
▪ Craft Fair. open to public, noon-3 p.m. at Ocean Lakes Family Campground, 6001 S. Kings Highway, at S.C. 544, half-mile north of Surfside Beach. Free. 843-238-5636 or www.oceanlakes.com.
▪ “A Holiday Band Afternoon,” noon-6 p.m., with music till 5 p.m., at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $5. Also, bring two canned/dry good items for food bank, for $3 off admission. 843-399-9463 or labelleamie.com.
▪ “The American Black Bear in Horry and Georgetown Counties” lecture with Kayla Brantley of S.C. Department of Natural Resources, 1 p.m. at Horry County Museum, 805 Main St., Conway (open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.). Free. 843-915-5320 orwww.horrycountymuseum.org.
▪ Strand Cinema: “Love & Mercy” 2:30 p.m. and “Maggie’s Plan ” 7 p.m., at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. Each $5 members, otherwise $7. 843-527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
▪ “Brew at the Zoo” annual benefit for Friends of Brookgreen Gardens projects, 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens’ Native Wildlife Zoo, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Huntington Beach State Park. $40 ($35 members), and $15 designated drivers. 843-235-6000 or www.brookgreen.org.
▪ “Dead Stars” program, 7 p.m. at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C. $9.50 ages 13-61, $8.50 ages 62 and older, $7.50 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger. 910-575-0033 or museumplanetarium.org.
▪ “Hotel Transylvania” movie, 7:30 p.m. outside C. B. Berry Historical & Community Center, 2250 S.C. 179, Little River. Free. 843-249-4157 or ParksandRec.HorryCounty.org.