Brookgreen open later
“Cool Summer Evenings” continue, with extended hours Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 8, including on Thursdays: “Up Close at the Zoo,” 5 p.m., this time with “Identifying and Enjoying Our Wild Birds,” as well as live performances of classic stories and nursery rhymes at 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest, and “A Child’s Frontier Life” creek cruises, 5, 6 and 7 p.m., for an extra $8 ages 13 and older, and $4 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details | 5-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens (open 9:30 a.m. daily), on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach; free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12.
‘Turbo’ in family series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie at 10 a.m. every Thursday, continues with “Turbo.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details | at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
Catch concerts outside
Choose from these free outdoor concerts series:
• Jaded Mayberry in Calabash (N.C.) Town Park, 868 Persimmon Road, and Sea Cruz in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C., both 6:30 p.m. Details at 910-253-2031 or www.brunswickcountync.gov.
• “Music on Main,” with Deluge, 7-9 p.m. at 202 Main St., North Myrtle Beach. 280-5570, ext. 1, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11.
• “Music on the Green,” with Painted Man, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
• “Hot Summer Nights,” with BPL, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. ww.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
• Summer jazz series with Night Flight featuring Michael James and Bernie Kenerson, 4-8 p.m. Thursdays (and 1-5 p.m. Sundays) through July at Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 or www.thehammockshops.com.
Play’s final weekend
Theatre of the Republic presents a final weekend of “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas,” with shows at 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday. Details at 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
Details | at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway, for $21.
Double bill at HOB
See Appetite for Destruction, with Poison’d, and Red, White & Crue. Details at 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
Details | 8:30 p.m. at House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, for $10.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach