• The four Democratic candidates vying for the state superintendent of education seat are scheduled to participate in a debate, 6:30 p.m., Monday.
The debate will be held at Whittemore Park Middle School, 1808 Rhue St. in Conway and is sponsored by the Education Caucus of the South Carolina Democratic Party and the Horry County Democratic Party. The debate is the only forum of these candidates scheduled in Horry County before the Tuesday statewide primary election.
Candidates will answer questions from moderators and the audience. The candidates are: Dr. Montrio Belton; Sheila Gallagher; Rep. Jerry Govan, D-Orangeburg; and Dr. Tom Thompson.
• North Strand Democrats will meet from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Mick & Mike’s Sports Bar at 1008 Highway 17 S. in North Myrtle Beach. For information, contact Brian or Roberta at 272-6454, or go to Facebook at North Strand Democrats.
• Horry County Democratic Party will answer questions about polling places and precincts or voting problems on primary Election Day Tuesday. For information call 488-4237 or the S.C. Voter Registration Office at 915-5440. The voter registration web site is www.scvotes.org.
• South Enders Swill meet 6 p.m. Thursday at Borgata Restaurant in the upstairs bar, 813 Surfside Drive in Surfside Beach. The group will discuss primary election results. For information, contact Pat Shama at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.southenders.org.
• Beach Dems Breakfast will meet 8-9 a.m. Friday at Akels Pancake House at 65th Avenue N. and Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach. Members will discuss the primary results. For information, contact Sally P. Howard at 455-1936.
• Northwest Action Dems will meet 10 a.m. Saturday at the Kingston Lake Educational Building, 3410 Church St. in Loris, in the back of the building. For information, contact Lutie Floyd at 756-0138. Everyone is welcome.