• Carolina Patriots will meet from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Fire House No. 6, located on 38th Avenue North, in Myrtle Beach near the intersection of 38th Avenue North and Robert Grissom Parkway. The meeting is free and open to the public. For information contact Diane Aversano 385-1204 visit or www.CarolinaPatriots.org.
• The 2014 Galivants Ferry Stump will take place Monday at Pee Dee Farms general store on U.S. 501 where it crosses the Little Pee Dee River. This year’s Stump at Pee Dee Farms in Galivants will feature statewide candidates for governor, lieutenant governor, U.S. Senate, S.C. constitutional officers and local candidates.
The keynote speaker will be MSNBC contributor Jimmy Williams with guest remarks from former U.S. Sen. Fritz Hollings.
The Galivants Ferry Stump, which has been held biennially for more than 138 years, is considered the oldest and largest “Stump Speaking” in the nation. The Stump will follow the traditional festival format of bluegrass music and clogging starting at 4:30 p.m. The “speaking” will begin at 6 p.m. featuring local and state Democratic candidates.
For information contact Sally P. Howard 455-1936.
• Democratic Women’s Council of Horry County will meet 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Luigi’s Trattoria, 503 61st Ave. N. in Myrtle Beach. The guest speaker will be Vida Miller, Democratic candidate for District 108 in the S.C. House of Representatives. Miller held the seat from 1996 to 2010, and is running to reclaim it this year.
For information, contact Pam Heller at 497-5020 or email@example.com.
• South Enders will hold its Second Annual Social & Fundraiser from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost $25. Proceeds will support voter registration outreach and educational programs. Light refreshments and beverages will be provided. To reserve tickets and get directions, contact Pat Shama at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.southenders.org.
• The Myrtle Beach Republican Women will meet 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Dunes Golf and Beach Club, 9000 N. Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach, for a state superintendent of education candidate roundtable. Expected speakers include Gary Burgess, Meka Childs, Amy Coufield, Sheri Few, Elizabeth Moffly and Molly Spearman.
• North Myrtle Beach Republican Club will meet 11:30 a.m. on Friday at Bonefish Grill in North Myrtle Beach to hear Meka Childs, candidate for state superintendent of education. There will be a light lunch. For more information contact Cleo at 907-3090.
• The Greater Carolina Forest Republican Women will meet 4 p.m. May 19 at Longbeard’s Restaurant, 5040 Carolina Forest Blvd. Speakers will be Horry County Council candidates Chairman Mark Lazarus and Councilmen Brent Schulz, Al Allen, Harold Worley, James Frazier, representing districts 2, 11, 7 and 1 respectively. Also speaking will be Horry County Schools District 2 candidate, Karen McIlrath. For information contact Dreama Perdue at email@example.com or 347-5134.