• James Bagley and Nelson Young have joined Glasspro as auto glass technicians.
• Helen Peters has joined CresCom Bank as a North Myrtle Beach branch manager; Veronica Gilbert has joined as a secondary marketing specialist.
• Allison Herron and AnneMarie Bailey have joined The Brandon Agency as social media coordinators.
• Wilbur McNeil James, a retired employee of Horry Telephone Cooperative, has been inducted into the South Carolina Telecommunications Association’s Hall of Fame.
• Kim Gerald, an Horry County-Loris producer, received a Membership Auto Profitability Service (MAPS) award from Farm Bureau Insurance.
• Michael Smith, a Myrtle Beach campus instructor at the Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA), was chosen as the Aviation Technician Education Council’s Educator of the Year.
• The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce presented the following awards during its 2014 annual meeting: Pioneer of the Year, Tom Pegram of Pegram Associates Inc.; Citizen of the Year, Tom Leath, City of Myrtle Beach; Hospitality Employee of the Year, Alton Bellamy of Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel; Chamber Volunteer of the Year, Ellen Calhoun of WHCI Warren Harmon Commercial Interiors; Chamber Ambassador of the Year, Jackie Neal of AFLAC – Surfside Beach Office; gsSCENE Ambassador of the Year, Casey Church of Franklin G. Burroughs – Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum; gsSCENE Young Professional of the Year, Donald Hovis Jr. of Springmaid Beach Resort; LGS Ann DeBock Leadership Award, Danny Isaac Jr. of A&I Fire and Water Restoration; Community Service Award, Myrtle Beach Pelicans; Business Innovation Award, South Atlantic Bank; and Small Business of the Year, The Cooper House Event Center.
• W. Cary Rowell has been named president of the Coastal Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors.
• Melissa Patton of Low Country Physical Therapy is now a certified workers' compensation healthcare provider with the designation CWcHP.
Get your item in Business Pulse by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.