Cat rescued from kitchen fire in Forestbrook

akelley@thesunnews.comMarch 10, 2014 

Abaco Bay Fire

Horry County Fire/Rescue firefighter, Derrick Nunziante (Left) removed Snow Flake, a cat that was in the Abaco Bay apartment where a small kitchen fire broke out, Monday afternoon. Neighbor Samantha Comtois was taking care of the cat until the owners got to the scene.

RAMONA NICOLAE — Ramona Nicolae for The Sun News Buy Photo

A cat was rescued from a home during a fire Monday, according to a witness.

Horry County Fire Rescue responded to a kitchen fire on Halyard Way about 2:40 p.m., said agency spokesman Brian VanAernem. He said the fire, which was on the stove, was quickly extinguished.

Ramona Nicolae saw the fire. She said the owners of the second story condominium were not home and a cat named Snowflake was rescued by a firefighter.

Contact AMANDA KELLEY at 626-0381, or follow her at Twitter.com/TSN_akelley.

Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service