‘Community Reads’ event
Join the Jewish Grand Strand 2014 “Community Reads” event with Rabbi Debbie Slavitt leading discussion of “The Golem and the Jinni” by Helen Wecker. Email email@example.com.
Details | 1 p.m. at The Sea Captain’s House, 3002 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach (448-8082).
Winyah Bay fest finale
The Winyah Bay Heritage Festival, a benefit by the Georgetown County Historical Society, concludes, including the S.C. State Duck Calling Championship, Champion of Champions Contest, and Junior S.C. Duck Calling Championship, noon-3 p.m., and “Dock Dogs” aquatic jumping competition. Details at www.winyahbayfestival.org, and from Georgetown County Museum, 120 Broad St., Georgetown, which is waiving admission for this festival only – 545-7020 or www.georgetowncountymuseum.com.
Details | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on Front Street in downtown Georgetown. Free admission, with “Dock Dogs” jumping and aquatics demos and competition both days, and practices 3-6 p.m. Feb. 28. Admission is free.
Cruise-in outside store
Hot Rod Promotions welcomes all cars at a cruise-in. Details at 503-8245.
Details | noon-3 p.m. at Burkes Outlet grand reopening, 120 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach, across from town hall, for free.
Trio of matinees
Pick a play matinee, all at 3 p.m.:
• “Monty Python’s ‘SpamALot’” by Theatre of the Republic, in Main Street Theatre, 335 Main. St., Conway, for $21. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
• “I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change” final show, by Brunswick Little Theatre, in Brunswick Center at Southport, 1513 N. Howe St., Suite 1, for $17 adults, $12 students. 910-471-7741 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com.
• “Barefoot in the Park,” at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, for $15 advance, $18 at door. 232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
Two concerts at CCU
Pick a concert at Coastal Carolina University’s main campus in Conway (349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts):
• “Sing Me A Story: Ballads and Songs from Appalachia and Beyond,” 4 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University Edwards Recital Hall, on main campus in Conway, with Jill Trinka, playing guitar, autoharp and mountain dulcimer, and Liz Miller showing slides of images from Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin exhibit “Julyan Davis: Appalachian Ballads” going through March 16, for $5 general; $3 CCU/Horry-Georgetown Technical College students, faculty and staff; and free for children.
• “Gospel Sing Out,” by Coastal Carolina University Inspirational Ambassadors, 4:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach