Myrtle Beach police investigate kidnapping, assault

troot@thesunnews.comFebruary 27, 2014 

Myrtle Beach police said they plan to seek arrest warrants for a 50-year-old Pelzer man in connection with a 47-year-old woman being choked and held against her will in an Ocean Boulevard hotel room, according to a police report.

Officers were called about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday to the Windsurfer Hotel at 210 N. Ocean Blvd., for an assault, police said.

The victim told police that she and the man argued because he had been drinking and spilled his drink on her cellphone, according to the report. During the argument, the victim said the man grabbed her by the throat, held her on the bed and choked her.

The victim said after she got away from the man, he refused to allow her to leave the room, according to the report. The victim said she screamed and the man released her.

The victim was treated at the scene for a cut on her hand and redness on her neck, according to the report. The man was gone from the area when police arrived, but officers wrote in the report they planned to seek arrest warrants on charges of second-offense criminal domestic violence and kidnapping.

Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service