CONWAY — The Horry County school board approved the appointments of six new principals for the 2014-15 school year at its meeting Monday night. All of the new principals will be serving at Horry County Schools elementary schools.
Four of the appointments went to candidates who are assistant principals in the district:
• Burgess Elementary School Samantha Coy, assistant principal at River Oaks Elementary School, will replace Donna Hooks, who is retiring.
• Loris Elementary School Angela Gore, assistant principal at Loris Elementary, will replace Mark Porter, who is transferring to North Myrtle Beach Middle School.
• Palmetto Bays Elementary School Dawn McKinney, assistant principal at Carolina Forest Elementary School, will replace Cathy Slater, who is retiring.
• St. James Elementary School Felisa McDavid, assistant principal at Burgess Elementary, will replace Mary Beth Heath, who is retiring.
The two remaining positions are being filled by candidates who are coming to Horry County from out of state. They are:
• Forestbrook Elementary School David Cupolo, principal at Jessie Monroe Elementary School in Brunswick County, N.C., will replace Johnny Calder, who is retiring.
• River Oaks Elementary School Robert Homer, principal at Sharp Elementary School in Cherry Hill, N.J., will replace June Moorhead, who is retiring.
Contact VICKI GROOMS at 443-2401 or follow her at Twitter.com/TSN_VickiGrooms.