Appraisals help cause
The Philanthropic Educational Organization Southport Chapter will have an Antique Appraisal Fair, with 11 certified appraisers, in a benefit to help fund college scholarships, educational loans, and financial assistance for women to further their education. Guests are welcome to bring in three hand-carried items. Details at 910-854-0106 or 910-278-7584, and www.peointernational.org.
Details | 1-4 p.m. in Southport Community Building, 223 E. Bay St., Southport, N.C.; free admission, and appraisals $7 for one item, or three for $20.
Other outings plentiful
• “Tree Party Weekend” free seedling giveaway, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (postponed from last weekend) at Murrells Inlet Seafood, 4886 U.S. 17 Business. Chicken bog and clam chowder $5 a cup. Details at 457-8126 or lowcountrytrees.org.
• Easy Escape: Azalea Coast Amateur Radio Club (ac4rc.org) ham radio party, noon-10 p.m. at Battleship North Carolina, at U.S. Routes 17, 74, 76 and 421 in Wilmington, N.C. Admission $12 ages 12 and older; $10 ages 65 and older, and active duty or retired military with ID; $6 ages 6-11; and free ages 5 and younger. 910-251-5797 or www.battleshipnc.com, and ac4rc.org.
• Horry Georgetown Home Builders Association’s Home Show final day, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North, for $5 ages 16 and older and free for ages 15 and younger. www.mbhomeshow.com.
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, noon-3 p.m. Feb. 23 at Veterans Cafe & Grille, 3544 Northgate Blvd., Myrtle Beach, in Northgate Plaza, off S.C. 707 at southwest corner at U.S. Bypass, near Dollar General. Free. 503-8245.
• Second annual Mardi Gras Adoption benefit for Friends of Horry County Animal Care Center (which is based at 1923 Industrial Park Road, Conway), 1-4 p.m. at X Gym Sports Mall, 568 George Bishop Parkway, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass, just west of Myrtle Beach. 733-2819 or www.friendsofhcacc.org.
• “Superhero Sunday,” 2-5 p.m., also honoring local personnel such as police and fire/rescue crews, at Children’s Museum of South Carolina, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, also accessible from Oak Street. $20 ($15 members). (Museum open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays and noon-5 p.m. Sundays, for $8 ages 2 and older, otherwise free.) 946-9469 or www.cmsckids.org.
• South by Southwest Music Feast spring music instrument drive and fundraiser, 2-6 p.m. at Dead Dog Saloon, 4079 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, with Sweet Nell & the Feast entertaining. 251-6402 or www.southbysoutheast.org.
• Neil Simon’s “Barefoot in the Park,” matinee, 3 p.m. at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common, Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets. $15 advance, $18 at door. 232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
• Third annual “Collector’s Event” benefit art auction of 100 works, benefiting Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum of Myrtle Beach (238-2510 or www.myrtlebeachartmuseum.org), 4-7 p.m. at Collectors Cafe and Gallery, 7740 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, for $100 for two people.
• “How Can I Keep from Singing?” hymn festival, with choirs from First and Trinity United Methodist churches of Conway, at 5 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 1001 Fifth Ave., Conway. Free. 488-4251.
• Eddie Miles’ “A Salute to Elvis,” 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $22.95, $26.95 or $31.95. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach