Conway residents are asked to be patient during the next few weeks as the city continues to work hard to clean up tree debris from last week’s winter storm.
Bill Graham, city administrator for Conway, said city workers are making their way through the city to pick up the debris. He said public works and the fire department worked to open roads and secure down power lines through last Friday.
“We’re doing the best we can to pick up whatever the homeowner puts out,” Graham said. “We’ve got extra crews who have been assigned to speed up the collection efforts citywide. Due to the volume of debris, our regular schedule of [debris] collection has been interrupted.
“At this point, it may be several weeks before the city will be able to make its first sweep of all areas of the city.”
Graham said as the homeowners continue to put out the yard debris curbside, there will still be some debris left and the city will make additional sweeps.
“We’ll just continue with the extra crews until we get all of the debris picked up,” he said.
He said the city is bringing the debris to the Horry County landfill for processing into compost or mulch.
Contact JASON M. RODRIGUEZ at 626-0301 or follow him at Twitter.com/TSN_jrodriguez.