COLUMBIA — Three South Carolina pitchers combined on a shutout and Kyle Martin hit a three-run home run to lead the Gamecocks to a 4-0 victory over Presbyterian on Tuesday.
Curt Britt allowed five hits in 51/3 innings, Josh Reagan earned the win in relief after allowing one hit in 21/3 innings and Cody Mincey closed the game out by allowing one hit in 11/3 innings.
With USC (4-0) leading 1-0 in the seventh, Martin blasted a three-run shot to right field to put away the Blue Hose (2-1).
• The Coastal Carolina football team added Ja’ree Tolbert to its 2014 recruiting class.
Tolbert is a 6-foot-2, 270-pound defensive lineman out of Miami Springs (Fla.) High School. He was a two time All-Dade County honorable mention.
High school boys basketball
• Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach 62, Faith Christian 56 | At Calvary Christian, Austin Guyton had a double-double with 31 points and 10 rebounds as the Saints put away Faith Christian in the SCISA Region III-A championship. Guyton was 9-for-11 from the free-throw line.
Both squads stayed neck-and-neck throughout the first three quarters, but Christian Academy came out big in the fourth, outscoring Faith Christian 21-10. Defensively, the Saints were able to hold Theron Reddy, the SCISA Region III player of the year, to just five points in the second half.
Bernard Jones scored 15 points with five rebounds and six steals, and Garrett Richards scored four points with 10 rebounds in the win.
• FAITH CHRISTIAN (56) – Caleb Rogers 12, Jonathan Feagin 10, Theron Reddy 13, Austin Pfoff 19, Brandon Wilson 2.
• CHRISTIAN ACADEMY OF MYRTLE BEACH (62) – Josh Lang 5, Austin Guyton 31, Bernard Jones 15, Cody Williams, Cole Gore 2, Matt Doria 3, Garrett Richards 4, Spencer Underwood, Yemi Oduwole, Alex Newsome 2.
• 3-point goals: Faith Christian 5 (Rogers 2, Pfoff 3); Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach 4 (Lang, Guyton 2, Doria). Team fouls: Faith Christian 18, Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach 21. Fouled out: None. Technical fouls: None.
• Records: Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach(20-6, 9-1); Faith Christian (15-3, 9-1)