Two auto-driven outings
Auto enthusiasts have two special events:
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, noon-3 p.m. Feb. 9 at Cheesesteak U, 1867 S.C. 544, Conway, for free. Details at 503-8245.
• Myrtle Beach Corvette Club, monthly meeting 5 p.m. Feb. 9 at Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery, at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. 294-0127 or www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com.
Four shows in finales
Four shows reach their final days:
• Myrtle Beach Stamp Club’s annual show, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, 101 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., off U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach and along Intracoastal Waterway. Free admission and appraisals. Details at 347-0087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Theatre of the Republic’s “The Voices Take the Stage” concert, with Tim McGhee as host, and Suade Anderson, Shakira Brockington, Lunda Cornelius, Laura Flint, Jerry Green, Kevin Jayroe, Matthew Johnston, Ellen Leftwich, Emily Martel, Janet Mayers and Heather Whitley, at 3 p.m. in Main Street Theatre, 335 Main. St., Conway, for $21. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
• Carolina Forest High School “ShowCase” Show Choir in annual benefit show, “Southern Nights” 3 p.m. at school, 700 Gardner Lacy Road, east of U.S. 501 for $10, helping offset costs for student trip to Florida to compete “Gold Mickey” award at Festival Disney in April. 236-7997 or www.cfhsshows.com.
• Beatles tribute concert by The Fab 2 – Brian and Bruce McElroy, 6 p.m. at Wahoo’s Fish House, 3993 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet (651-5800); no cover charge. www.thefab2.com
‘Cattails & Cocktails’ benefit
The Winyah Bay Heritage Festival Kickoff Event – “Cattails & Cocktails” – will benefit the newly moved Georgetown County Museum, and include Lowcountry recipes, and live bluegrass, folk and classic country music by Rob Williams and Friends. Details at 545-7020 or www.georgetowncountymuseum.com. (The festival, coordinated by the Georgetown County Historical Society, is 10 a.m.-5 p.m. March 1 and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. March 2 on Front Street in downtown Georgetown, with Dock Dogs activities opening at 9 a.m. both days – details at www.winyahbayfestival.org.)
Details | 1-4 p.m. in Hobcaw Barony’s Kimbel Lodge and Pond Shelter, on U.S. 17, just north of Georgetown, for $30 advance or $35 at door.
Daylilies and organists
Two other groups have gatherings:
• Georgetown Area Daylily Club program, “Daylilies 101” at 2:30 p.m. in Dick N. Johnson Civic Center, 829 N. Pine Drive, Surfside Beach, behind town hall, on U.S. 17. Details at 238-1548.
• Grand Strand Chapter of American Guild of Organists members’ recital, 3 p.m. at Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church, 113 Baskerville Drive, Litchfield Beach, west of U.S. 17, also with music on flute, trumpet and piano, for free. Email email@example.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach