A 27-year-old Myrtle Beach man was the second person charged in connection with a robbery attempt of a 34-year-old man in a local parking lot earlier this month, according to authorities.
Jonathan Robert Gary, 27, of Myrtle Beach was booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center at 11:28 p.m. Monday on a charge of attempted armed robbery, according to jail records. He is being held on $10,000 bond.
Gary was the second person charged in the incident that was reported at 11:30 p.m. Jan. 13 in the parking lot of the Driftwood at 1305 S. Ocean Blvd., police said.
On Jan. 15, Matthew Seth Yarborough, 29, of Conway was charged with attempted armed robbery and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, according to jail records. He was released on Jan. 21 on $10,000 bail, but returned to jail on Sunday on unrelated charges of first-degree burglary and kidnapping.
The victim told officers he was approached by the two men, who were driving a dark car, in the parking lot, according to a police report. The victim said they presented a handgun and demanded the victim’s money, but the victim turned and ran from the vehicle.
A 31-year-old woman told officers she heard a disturbance behind her vehicle and saw a dark car driving away, according to the report. The witness said the victim then ran up to her and told her the men in the car had a gun, so she called 911.
No other details were listed in the report and it was unclear how police took Gary into custody in connection with the incident.
Contact TONYA ROOT at 444-1723 or follow her at Twitter.com/tonyaroot.