Calling all foodies! There are some great events taking place over the next few weeks that I think you’re going to like. There are also a couple for music lovers and one for your little princess.
Here’s what’s happening:
• At 9 p.m. every Friday night through Dec. 26, The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill is putting on a Nashville Nights Country Music Concert Series. Admission is free. The band for Jan. 24 is Outshyne. Go to http://www.boathousemb.com/calendar-of-events/ for the rest of the schedule.
• House of Blues is putting on a Blues-A-Palooza concert series at 9 p.m. every Saturday night through Feb. 22. Admission is free. The band for Jan. 25 is Oceans Orange. Go to http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/myrtlebeach/ for the rest of the schedule.
• The second annual Taste of the Inlet will take place on Sunday from 6:15 to 9 p.m. at Inlet Square mall. Tickets are $8 in advance; $12 at the door. This event includes food sampling (hors d’oeuvres, tapas, and heavy appetizers) and beer, wine, and soda for purchase. Food samples will range from $2 to $4 each. Call 357-2007 for advance tickets.
• Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery is offering two-for-one entrées from a limited menu from 4 p.m. to close. No coupon required. Dine-in only.
• The annual Conway Chocolate Walk will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday in downtown Conway. Tickets are $15. Space is limited and tickets usually sell out, so you might want to buy your tickets ASAP at http://conwayalive.com/. During the Chocolate Walk, you can pick up handmade chocolate treats from more than 25 participating businesses. Since you may not be able to eat them all in one day, they’ll give you a take-home bag so you can enjoy what you can’t eat later.
• Sparkles at Broadway at the Beach is holding a free Princess and the Pop Star event from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday. Bring your daughter dressed as a princess or pop star for crafts, dancing, games, and a chance to win a free Sparkles party. They’ll also be doing princess/pop star makeovers for $15. RSVP is required for the makeovers 445-7827.
JULIE HENRY is a freelance writer, editor and project manager. She owns and operates Myrtle Beach on the Cheap. www.myrtlebeachonthecheap.com.