College Goal S.C. events will be held in February for high school seniors who need help filling out financial aid paperwork for college, according to information from Horry-Georgetown Technical College. The assistance is free, and parents are welcome.
Events will be held Feb. 1 from 9 a.m. to noon in the administration building of HGTC’s Georgetown campus, which is on the Charleston highway, 4003 Fraser St., and Feb. 22 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the main lobby and WaveNet Central in the 1100 Building on the college’s Conway campus on U.S. 501.
Students should bring the following with them to the event:
• their Social Security number or alien registration number if not a U.S. citizen
• their most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s and other records of money earned
• bank statements and records of investments
• records of untaxed income
• a federal student aid PIN to sign electronically. To get a federal student aid PIN, go to www.pin.ed.gov.
Financial aid professionals will help students and their families complete the necessary paperwork to get the qualified college funding.
Contact VICKI GROOMS at 443-2401 or follow her at Twitter.com/TSN_VickiGrooms.