• The Carolina Patriots, a nonprofit, nonpartisan group, will meet from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Myrtle Beach Firehouse NO. 6, located near the intersection of 38th Avenue North and Robert Grissom Parkway.
The guest speaker will be Bill Conner, who is running for U.S. Senate.
For more information, visit www.CarolinaPatriots.org or call Diane Aversano at 385-1204.
• South Carolina Democratic Party will hold its third annual Issues Conference on Feb. 7 and 8 in Greenville.
The conference begins at 3 p.m. on Feb. 7 and at 4 p.m. on Feb. 8, and will be held at the Embassy Suites, 670 Verdae Blvd., in Greenville. For reservations call 864-676-9090.
• Horry County Democratic Party executive committee will hold its next business meeting 6 p.m. Monday at the Justice Center Building on 2nd Avenue in Conway. The credentials committee will begin registration at 5:30 p.m. All EC and alternates are urged o attend. Precinct officers and guests are welcome. For information, contact Nancy Anderson at 347-2306
• The Democratic Women’s Council of Horry County will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Luigi’s Trattoria, located at 503 61st Ave. N. in Myrtle Beach. This is a new location for the group.
For more information, contact Pam Heller at 497-5020 or email@example.com.
• Myrtle Beach Republican Women will meet at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Dunes Club. The meeting will serve as a business planning session.
The speaker will be Col. Jim Roberts, who will talk about American history and faith based inspirational messages.
• South Carolina Tea Party Coalition will hold its convention 3 p.m. Saturday through 5 p.m. Jan. 20 at Springmaid Beach Resort, 3200 South Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach. Topics to be covered during the event include the current status of the tea party movement, national security, Obamacare, constitutional oaths of office, Second Amendment, candidates for South Carolina, Sen. Lindsey Graham’s seat and Common Core in education.
Admission will be by invitation only: Invitations may be obtained by grassroots group presidents or chairman by contacting Ron Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets cost $30. There will be no onsite ticket sales and only those names on the pre-registration list will be admitted. The event will be broadcast nationally by Breitbart News Network and other news media. There also will be live streaming.
Speakers include members from the S.C. Congressional delegation, and Rep. Steve King (Iowa) and Rep. Jim Bridenstine (Oklahoma); military experts including Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely. For a complete speaker list go to http://southcarolinateapartycoalition.com.