Ride SkyWheel late
Ride the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel for a towering, and at night, LED-colorful, view of the coastline. Details at 839-9200 or www.skywheelusa.com.
Details | Open 11 a.m. daily (and until 12:30 a.m. for New Year’s Eve) at Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, 1110 N. Ocean Blvd., adjacent to Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue for $13 ages 12-64; $11 ages 65 and older and military (with valid ID); $9 ages 3-11.
Plunge for charity
The fourth annual “Ultimate Polar Plunge for a Cure” benefits the American Cancer Society and includes an after-party. Details at 692-2011 or email email@example.com, also 213-0333 or www.cancer.org.
Details | 2 p.m. at Oceanside at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation, 151 SeaWatch Drive, off Kings Road, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $5, $10 or $20 entry.
• “Noon Year’s Eve,” 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Children’s Museum of South Carolina, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, also accessible from Oak Street, for $5. Details at 946-9469 or www.cmsckids.org.
• “Garden by Candlelight Pre-Party, 6-9 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, for $20 (gardens also open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily – regular admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12). 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
• A Southern Times Square,” 7 p.m.-midnight at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach, by Grand 14 Cinema, for free. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
• Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach: Celebrations Nitelife’s New Year’s Eve Celebration, 7 p.m. for $25 for four clubs; party 8-11 p.m. with disc jockey in Celebrity Square, for free, then four-club party for $25; and Hard Rock Cafe New Year’s Eve Concert and Party, with concert by Black Glass, 9:30 p.m. for $30. 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
• Gold Key Jazz Society soul jazz revue with Calvin Edwards Trio, and Shirra Ward, vocalist, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, 101 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach and along the Intracoastal Waterway, off U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, for donation of $80 individual, or $155 couple. 742-5064, 465-8002 or www.goldkeyjazzsociety.org.
• House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach: Corey Smith, with American Aquarium, for $27.50 general admission or $52.50 loge; and dinner and dance with Tru Sol, 9 p.m., for $84.95. 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
Trio of firework shows
• 6 p.m. at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach (361-7949 or www.bflanding.com)
• 8 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, in Myrtle Beach (444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com)
• midnight, near Pier 14, 1306 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach (Oceanfront Merchants Association – www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com)
Youth overnight parties
• 7 p.m.-7 a.m. at Fun Warehouse Family Fun Center, 2349 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), between Socastee and Surfside Beach, a half-mile east of U.S. 17 Bypass, for $30. 748-0302 or funwarehousemb.com.
• 7 p.m.-7 a.m. at Surf’s Up Family Fun Center, 4112 Carolina Commercial Drive, Carolina Forest, for $29.99. 236-3444 or myrtlebeachlasertag.com.
• 8 p.m.-8 a.m., for ages 6-12, at Ripley’s Aquarium, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for $69.99 – reservations required at 916-0888 or 800-734-8888, ext. 3226. Details at www.ripleysaquarium.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach