Breakfasts with Santa
• By town of Surfside Beach, 9-10:30 a.m. at Golden Egg Restaurant, 415 U.S. 17 Business N., for free for ages 10 and younger, with reservations at 650-9548. www.surfsidebeach.org.
• 9-11 a.m. at Travinia Italian Kitchen, at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach. Reservations at 233-8500. More details at 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
Events in final bow
These Christmas presentations run their final lap:
• Ornament workshops, noon-1 p.m. at Children’s Museum of South Carolina, 2501 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, which is open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free with admission: $8 ages 2 and older. Details at 946-9469 or www.cmsckids.org.
• “Nights of a Thousand Candles,” 3-10 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, for $16 ages 13 and older, $8 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger. Details at 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org.
• Santa meet-and-greets, 6-8 p.m. at Horry County Fire Rescue station in Socastee (No. 1); bring cameras for photos. 626-1223.
• “Hot Jersey Nights Christmas Special,” 7:30 p.m. at Palace Theatre, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 21st Avenue North at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. $29.95 ages 13 and older, $9.95 ages 3-12. 448-0588, 888-841-2787 or www.palacemb.com.
• Legends in Concert, 8 p.m. at 2925 Hollywood Drive, Myrtle Beach, off 29th Avenue North, at U.S. 17 Bypass, across from Broadway at the Beach, with tribute artists to the Blues Brothers, Neil Diamond, Whitney Houston, Dolly Parton and Elvis Presley. $39.95 or $44.95 ages 17 and older, and $14.95 or $19.95 ages 3-16; booth $50.95 and $24.95, respectively per age group; and VIP $47.95 for all. 238-7827, 800-960-7469 or www.legendsinconcert.com.
Other special outings
• Christmas parade, 11 a.m. in Bolivia, N.C., from Brunswick County Complex, 23 Referendum Drive. 910-253-3476.
• “Holidays on the Boardwalk,” noon-6 p.m. in Myrtle Beach, including Santa strolling, Caleb the Camel, and Polar Express train rides for children, all noon-4 p.m.; and concerts by Carolina Vocals at 2 p.m., Rileys at 3, and “A Blue Christmas with Elvis” tribute by David Chaney at 5. www.myrtlebeachboardwalk.com.
• June Weikel book signing, 1-3 p.m. at Clock Tower (formerly Harborwalk) Books, 105 Screven St., Georgetown. 546-8212.
• Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert by Slope Valley Bluegrass and Subject to Change Band, 5 p.m. at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $10 members, otherwise $12. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach