Second season of ‘Myrtle Manor’ to premiere Jan. 16

mprabhu@thesunnews.comDecember 12, 2013 

The second season of "Welcome to Myrtle Manor" debuts on TLC at 10 p.m. Jan. 16. The show has a new name, "Trailer Park: Welcome to Myrtle Manor."

JBLACKMON@THESUNNEWS.COM — Janet Blackmon Morgan Buy Photo

  • Readers weigh in on “Myrtle Manor” premiere announcement via The Sun News’ Facebook page and its website, MyrtleBeachOnline.com

    “We are looking forward to seeing the new season with all the changes that have been spoken of!” --Kimberly G. Reiman

    “Not wasting my time on a show that makes Myrtle Beach look even worse. :(“ -- Kevin Benedict

    “Cool! Can’t wait for the leadin re-runs as the 16th arrives!” Vera-Ellen Floyd

    “Why? Since that show came on Myrtle Beach has gotten worse...” --Scott Maclellan

    “Woo! I can’t wait to not watch it!” --Jessica Wagner

    “That is a terrible show rednecks in a trailer. Great way to promote the Grand Strand!” --Peggy Ann Crowley- Wrenn

Those who’ve been itching for new episodes of the locally-filmed “Welcome to Myrtle Manor” docu-drama can mark their calendars for 10 p.m. Jan. 16 to catch the premiere of the show’s second season.

The show also has been rebranded as “Trailer Park: Welcome to Myrtle Manor,” according to a press release from The Weinstein Co., which produces the show.

The rebranding was done to make “Myrtle Manor” the first in a “Trailer Park” franchise.

“Coming on the heels of a wildly popular first season, we are incredibly excited to be ushering this series into bigger territory,” said Meryl Poster, president of television for The Weinstein Co., mentioning the “Project Runway” franchise with spinoff shows “Project Runway All Stars” and recently announced “Under the Gunn.”

The production company is developing versions of “Myrtle Manor” in other U.S. locations, according to the release.

“The ‘Trailer Park’ spinoffs that we’re developing promise to bring new twists on the same types of lovable, zany characters and entertaining scenarios,” Poster said.

TLC, the network that airs the show, announced the season two premiere date Thursday, with “Myrtle Manor” slated to follow “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” both moving to a new night.

About 3.2 million viewers watched the season two finale of “Honey Boo Boo” in September and the show averaged nearly 2.4 million viewers across the 12-episode second season, according to Nielsen, the company that measures the ratings of television shows.

The second season of “Myrtle Manor” was filmed this summer and fall at Patrick’s Mobile Home Park off Highway 15 in Myrtle Beach and other locations around the Grand Strand. “Myrtle Manor” averaged 1.1 million viewers across 10 episodes that aired this spring.

Park owner Cecil Patrick has said he has high hopes for the show’s second season.

“If you thought season one was great, then season two will be fantastic,” Cecil Patrick said earlier this year.

According to the TLC release, storylines this season include a rivalry between Myrtle Manor and Village Creek Mobile Home Park located off of U.S. 501 in Horry County and the rocky start to the marriage of cast members Jared Stetson and Chelsey Keller. Stetson and Keller got married in the season one finale episode.

The release also previewed the arrival of a “mysterious new resident,” Stephania and another new character Brock, described as the trailer park handyman. Other season one characters that will return include park owners Patrick and his daughter Becky, Bandit, Miss Peggy and Amanda.

The news releases do not mention season one cast member Taylor J. Burt. TLC spokeswoman Shannon Martin declined to say whether or not Burt would be featured on the second season of the show. Burt said he could not comment on whether he will be in season two because of his contract with TLC.

Burt has been arrested twice since the show premiered in March. He is facing charges of criminal sexual conduct with a minor under age 16 after police said a 15-year-old girl told them in April she had sexual relations with Burt. That case is pending.

Burt also is facing disorderly conduct charges stemming from an Oct. 6 fight at Broadway at the Beach. He is awaiting a jury trial for those charges.

Contact MAYA T. PRABHU at 444-1722 or follow her at Twitter.com/TSN_MPrabhu.

Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service