Take your pick for treats
Many places have trick-or-treating:
• 3-5 p.m. at The Hammock Shops Village, on U.S. 17 in Pawleys Island. 237-8448 or www.thehammockshops.com.
• 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, with fireworks at 8 p.m. 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
• 5-7 p.m. at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach (272-8349), Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach (839-9100), Inlet Square in Murrells Inlet (651-6990) and The Market Common in Myrtle Beach (839-3500)
• 5:30-7:30 p.m., with costume contest – in categories for ages 3 and younger, 4-7, 8-13 and 14-adult) at 6:30 in cinema court – at Myrtle Beach mall, near Briarcliffe Acres. Also, at Bass Pro Shops: Pumpkin patch photos with Peanuts gang 5-8 p.m., and free crafts 6-7 p.m. 272-4040 or www.shopmyrtlebeachmall.com.
• 6-8 p.m. at both Tanger Outlet Centers, on U.S. 501, near Carolina Forest (232-5100), and on Kings Road, near U.S. 17 and S.C. 22 and Briarcliffe Acres (449-0491) – www.tangeroutlet.com.
‘Fright Light’ laser show
At 5 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, see ‘Fright Light,’ a laser music show with music from such artists as Alice Cooper, Metallica, Pink Floyd, The Who, Weird Al Yankovic, and the late Michael Jackson and Warren Zevon. Also, “Laser Mania” and “Hypnotica” play at 6 and 7 p.m., respectively. Details at 910-575-0033 or www.museumplanetarium.org.
Details | at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C.; per show: $8 ages 13-61, $7 ages 62 and older, $6 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger.
Events in Georgetown County
Choose from two special events in Georgetown County, both for free:
• “Safe and Not-So-Spooky Halloween,” with pumpkin painting at 4:30 p.m., and a showing of Disney’s “Hotel Transylvania” at 6:30, in Georgetown’s Rainey Park, at Front and King streets, and lawn of Kaminski House Museum, nearby at 1003 Front St. Details at 545-9622.
• “Halloween on the Marsh Walk,” 5-10:30 p.m. at Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk, on U.S. 17 Business, including trick-or-treating and children’s costume contest, 5-6 p.m., and adult costume contest, 7-10:30 p.m. 651-2484 or http://marshwalk.com.
Play free mini-‘glow’ golf
At a 13th annual Halloween Party, take part in free mini-“glow” golf games, ice cream, and a costume contest for ages infants-age 5 and ages 6-12. Details at 215-1038.
Details | 6-9 p.m. at Runaway Bay Miniature Golf, 1800 U.S. 17 Business S., Garden City Beach, by Tupelo Bay Golf Center, just south of Bi-Lo at the Beach, for free.
Finale for ‘Asylum’
“Ripley’s Asylum,” for ages 6 and older, has its final day. Details at 448-2331 or www.ripleys.com/myrtlebeach.
Details | Open 4 p.m. In Ripley’s Haunted Adventure building, on 900 block of North Ocean Boulevard, for $14.99 ages 12 and older, and $9.99 ages 6-11.
’39 Steps’ in Conway
Theatre of the Republic’s “The 39 Steps,” based on an Alfred Hitchcock 1930s thriller, begins its final weekend, with shows at 7:30 p.m. daily through Saturday and 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.Details at 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
Details | at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St. Conway, for $21.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach