Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Dietitian supermarket tour | 5 p.m. Tuesday, Wal-Mart in Georgetown. Free. 520-8288.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Tuesday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490.
“Look Good Feel Better” for women in cancer treatment | 2-4 p.m. Nov. 4, Francis B. Ford Cancer Treatment Center, 2405 N. Fraser St., Georgetown. 800-227-2345.
Health screening | 7:30-10:30 a.m. Nov. 8, Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church, 1633 Waverly Road, Pawleys Island. Chemistry-24 blood panel, $20; complete blood count, $20; thyroid screening, $15; diabetes, $15; PSA, $15. Blood panel tests require 10- to 12-hour fast. Flu shots, $25. Free screenings for blood pressure, osteoporosis, hearing, vision, blood sugar and oral cancer. 520-8447.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Bosom Buddies | 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 2-6 p.m. Monday, Christ United Methodist Church, 2901 Fantasy Way, Myrtle Beach. 236-6201.
• 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Coastal Carolina University, U.S. 501 W., Conway. 347-3161.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Waccamaw Community Hospital, 4070 U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. 652-1135.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Church, 2637 U.S. 17 S., Garden City Beach. 357-3131.
• 1-6 p.m. Nov. 4, Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17, Little River. 399-6028.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 5, Coastal Carolina University, U.S. 501 W., Conway. 347-3161.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 5, Myrtle Beach High School 3300 Central Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 445-7149.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 7, Aynor High School, 201 Jordanville School. 488-7101.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 8, Lowe’s, 2301 U.S. 501 E., Conway. 234-6033.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 9, Wal-Mart, 2709-A Church St., Conway. 796-1965.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Swim lessons | times, dates and classes vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. Members $40; community $50. 347-1515.
Zumba | 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, James R. Frazier Community Center, 1370 Bucksport Road, Conway. $15/month or $5/class. 397-1172 to register.
Look Good Feel Better for Women in Cancer Treatment | 2-4 p.m. Monday, Coastal Cancer Center, 817 Farrar Drive, Conway. 800-227-2345.
Seminar: Joint Replacement | noon Tuesday, CMC Auditorium. 347-8108.
Al-Anon | 6:45 p.m. Tuesdays, 2668 U.S. 378, Conway and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
• Parents Anonymous | 5-7 p.m. every Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 448-5804.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Conway Al anon | 6:45 – 7:45 p.m. every Tuesday, 2668 U.S. 378 and 6-7 p.m. every Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, 2118 Oak St. 465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR/AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m.-noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $50. 692-4444.
Prepared Childbirth class | 7 p.m. Nov. 4, 11 and 18, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $50. 692-4444.
AARP Driver Safety course | 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 4, HealthFinders. $14; $12 for AARP members. 692-4444.
Seminar: Back Pain | 6-7 p.m. Nov. 5, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Seminar: What are your “Five Wishes” for End of Life Care? | 10-11 a.m. Nov. 6, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Cholesterol screenings | 8:30-9:30 a.m. Nov. 6 and Nov. 20, YMCA and 9-10 a.m. Nov. 13, main lobby, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel, requires a 12-hour fast. 692-4444.
Infant Care class | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 9, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Nov. 9, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Lunch provided. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Non-offending parents of child victims of sexual assault | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays, Conway. 448-3180 or www.victimtosurvivor.org.
• Alzheimer’s | 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. second Thursday through Dec. 12, card room, Covenant Towers, 5001 Little River Road, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496.
• Le Leche League | 10:30 a.m. Nov. 7, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• Prostate | 6 p.m. Nov. 13, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Monday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center and 9 a.m.-noon every Monday, Center for Health and Fitness. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Beginner Step | 6 p.m. Tuesday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday
Mall Walkers: Hypertension | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court, Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
Health and fitness fair | 8-11 a.m. Saturday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. This event offers a panel 30 and Thyroid blood test for $35 and flu vaccinations for $25 and free health screenings such as blood pressure, balance, bone density, lung capacity, sports injury, and carpal tunnel. 390-8326.
Lecture: Fit and Fabulous | 10-11 a.m. Nov. 20, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
• Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
• Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
• Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.
• Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
• Diabetes | 10 a.m. Nov. 15, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.