Five festivals play out
Choose from five festivals:
• ShrimpFest, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Little River waterfront. $4 advance or $5 at gate for ages 13 and older, free ages 12 and younger. 249-6604.
• Harvest Home Weekend Festival, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. Free with admission, which lasts seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12. www.brookgreen.org.
• Italian Festival, noon-6 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, off 21st Avenue North. Free. www.sonsofitalymb.com.
• “Lip-Rippin’ Chiliympics Cook-Off benefit, noon-7 p.m. at Wicked Tuna and Crazy Sister Marina, on U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet. Free, with $1 chili samples. Also, bring nonperishables and cans of food to donate. http://surfridergrandstrand.org.
• Pleasure island Seafood, Blues & Jazz Festival, 12:30-6 p.m. at Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Area, on U.S. 421 south in Kure Beach, N.C. $15 ages 13 and older, otherwise free. 910-458-8434.
Trio of plays on tap
Three theaters’ plays continue, two with a final bow:
• The Swamp Fox Players’ “The Marvelous Wonderettes: Caps & Gowns,” 2:30 p.m. at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown, for $18. 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
• Atlantic Stage’s “All in the Timing,” finale at 3 p.m. at 79th Avenue Theatre, at Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, at U.S. 17 Bypass, for $27.50 general admission; $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military; $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members; and $10 side section seats. Also: subscription/ flex-pass packages available. Details at 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
• Brunswick Little Theatre’s “The 39 Steps,” for ages 12 and older, 3 p.m. at Amuzu Theatre, 111 N. Howe St., Southport, N.C. $17 adults, otherwise $12. 910-278-6581 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com. Reach venue at 910-523-2552.
Ripley’s Asylum open
Ripley’s Haunted Adventure, for ages 6 and older, has been turned into Ripley’s Asylum through Halloween. Details at 448-2331 or www.ripleys.com/myrtlebeach.
Details | opens 4 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays and 1 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, on 900 block of North Ocean Boulevard, across from The Gay Dolphin Gift Cove; $14.99 ages 12 and older, and $9.99 ages 6-11.
Gospel concert at CCU
Catch the Coastal Carolina University Gospel Choir Fall Concert, with the Coastal Inspirational Ambassadors. Details at 349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/culturalarts.
Details | 4:30 p.m. Oct. 13 in CCU’s Wainwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway, for free with ticket.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach