Many festive outings
17th ANNUAL ‘CROCODILE ROCKS’ MASTERS NATIONAL PROMINIGOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
When | Thursday-Saturday
Where | Hawaiian Rumble Golf, 3210 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach
Total purse | $12,000
How much | Free for spectators
Information | 458-2585, 272-7812, http://prominigolf.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
23RD ANNUAL PAWLEYS ISLAND FESTIVAL OF MUSIC & ART’
What, where, when and how much | at The Reserve Golf Club, 18 Reserve Drive, Pawleys Island, off U.S. 17, just south of Kings River Road (www.thereservegolf.com)
• Vivace operatic pop vocal quartet – Melody Mercredi, Tiffany Desrosiers, Marc Devigne and DJ Calhoun – 7 p.m. Thursday; $25.
• Mac Arnold and Plate Full O’ Blues, 7 p.m. Friday; $25, $35 or $50.
• The Movin’ Out Band, from Broadway play “Movin’ Out,” 7 p.m. Saturday; $25 or $35.
Information | 626-8911 or www.pawleysmusic.com, and http://mccoodavis.com
‘FESTA ITALIANA – ITALIAN FESTIVAL’
By | Sons of Italy, Myrtle Beach Lodge 2662 of Socastee
When | 5-9 p.m. Friday, noon-8 p.m. Saturday, and noon-6 p.m. Sunday
Where | Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, off 21st Avenue North
How much | Free admission
Includes | Children’s face painting for free, Italian car show, and on Oct. 13, spaghetti-eating contest
Scheduled entertainers include | Larry Tanelli, master of ceremonies, and Dale Mosher, The Sister Act, Federico Cardella, Gene Santini, and Tom Buongiorno’s tribute to Neil Diamond
Information | 333-7523 or www.sonsofitalymb.com
NINTH ANNUAL SHRIMPFEST
By | Little River Chamber of Commerce
When | 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
Where | Little River waterfront
How much | $4 advance or $5 at gate for ages 13 and older, free ages 12 and younger
Scheduled entertainers |
• Saturday – The Reggie Sullivan Band 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Randy McQuay 1-1:45 p.m., Smokey Breeze 1:45-3:15, PotatoHeads 3:15-4, and Elise Testone 4-6
• Sunday – Scoot Pittman Band noon-2 p.m. and Bibis Ellison 2:45-4:45
Information | 249-6604, 866-817-8082 or www.littleriverchamber.org/pages/ShrimpFest2013/
‘FLOCK THIS WAY’: FOURTH ANNUAL ‘PINK YOUR FLAMINGO’ FLOCK WALK AND AUCTION
Benefiting | American Cancer Society, breast cancer research, and Relay for Life of North Myrtle Beach and Little River.
Where | Flying Fish Public Market & Grill, Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach, next to Alabama Theatre
What and when |
• Flamingo art display at open daily for voting, from which top five art works will go to “celebrity judging” Saturday, after Flock Walk, for winner, along with “People’s Choice” honor.
• “Flock Walk,” 10 a.m. Saturday, registration 9 a.m. ($25 ages 13 and older, otherwise $15) and 1.3-mile walk 10 a.m., then “Flock Party” afterward
• American Cancer Society – 455-9600 or email Kathy.email@example.com
• Barefoot Landing – 361-7949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FIREHOUSE OPEN HOUSES
For | Fire Prevention Week
When | Saturday
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Fire Department Fire Station 6, 970 38th Ave. N., east of Grissom Parkway; details at 918-1221
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach Fire Station 1, 1015 Second Ave. S. 280-5621.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Surfside Beach Fire Department, 115 U.S. 17 Business N. 913-6369.
13TH ANNUAL ‘CRUISE TO THE COAST’ ANTIQUE & CLASSIC CAR/TRUCK SHOW
By | Chicora Regional Car Club and North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce
Benefiting | Various charities
When | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday (rain date Oct. 19)
Where | Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach
How much | $20 entry fee (on-site registration open 8 a.m.); free for spectators
Information | www.chicoracarclub.com/nmbshow.html, and 361-3045, 866-805-5642 or www.nmbevents.com
FIFTH ANNUAL OKTOBERFEST
By | Oceanfront Merchants Association
Benefiting | Horry County Special Olympics (602-9448 or www.horrycountyspecialolympics.org)
When | Noon-11 p.m. Saturday
Where | Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North
How much | Free admission
Scheduled entertainers | Channelheimers Oompah Band at 12:45, 2:15, 3:45, 5:15 and 6:45 p.m.; and Broken Strings noon-12:45 p.m., Who Shot JR? 1:15-2:15, Ballyhoo 2:45-3:45, Passafire 4:15-5:15, American Aquarium 5:45-6:45, Drivin’ N Cryin’ 7:15-8:15, and Cowboy Mouth 8:45-10:15; and fireworks.
Information | 421-9848, 997-6695 or www.myrtlebeachoktoberfest.com
‘LITTLE WHITE DRESS COUTURE FOR THE CURE, A ROARING AFFAIR’
What | A champagne and hors d’oeuvres reception, live jazz, fashion show featuring the latest fashions modeled by breast cancer survivors, and desserts.
Benefiting | Caring In Our Lifetime, which helps survivors of breast cancer
When | 5:30 p.m. Saturday
Where | The Dunes Golf and Beach Club, 9000 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach
How much | $65
Information | 449-4940, 222-1021 or www.caringinourlifetime.com
• “Rock the Ribbon,” 1-9 p.m. Oct. 20 at Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., off U.S. 501, just west of Myrtle Beach. For $5, enjoy live music, prizes and giveaways. 267-3349.
• Breast cancer awareness fundraiser, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Oct. 24 at Chick-fil-A, 85 Rodeo Drive, Carolina Forest. 903-3322.
10TH ANNUAL FALL ART SHOW & SALE
By | Seacoast Artists Guild of South Carolina
When | Opening with reception 6-8 p.m. Saturday and continuing noon-8 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and noon-6 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 21.
Where | Seacoast Artists Gallery, 3032 Nevers St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common
Information | 232-7009 or www.seacoastartistsguild.com
‘KOOZIES FOR BOOBIES’ BREAST CANCER AWARENESS PARTY
Benefiting | Breast cancer charity
When | 8 p.m.-closing Saturday
Where | Wet Willie’s, at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach
Information | 912-233-5650 or www.wetwillies.com
‘CRUISIN’ THE BEACH’ CAR SHOW
Benefiting | Children’s Hospital of South Carolina
Host | Myrtle Beach Car Club (742-9802)
When | 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Oct. 17-19
Where | Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach
How much | $40 car entry; free for spectators
Information | 423-623-4644, 423-465-5844 or www.cruisinthebeach.com
HARVEST HOME WEEKEND FESTIVAL
When | 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Where | Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach
How much | Free with admission, which lasts for seven days: $14 ages 13-64, $12 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12
• Roger Day performing “Marsh Mud Madness,” 11 a.m. and 12:30 and 2 p.m.
• Shows with music, storytelling, puppetry and poetry by Timmy and Susana Abell 10 and 11:30 a.m. and 1 and 2:30 p.m.
• Wagon hay rides departing every half-hour 10 a.m.-4 p.m., for $4 extra fee.
• Pumpkin patch – pumpkins $5 small, $10 large – and free painting
• Build-your-own-scarecrow area
• Creek excursions – “The Not so Spooky Swamp Adventure With Lowcountry Ghost Stories and Animal Tales,” 11 a.m., and 1, 2 and 3 p.m., for extra fee: $7 ages 13 and older, $4 ages 4-12.
• Book signings Saturday by Sherman Carmichael, author of ‘Eerie South Carolina,” 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., and Becky Billingsley (“A Culinary History of Myrtle Beach”) 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Also | National Sculpture Society’s 80th annual Awards Exhibition through Oct. 27
Information | 235-6000, 800-849-1931 or www.brookgreen.org
14TH ANNUAL ‘LIP-RIPPIN’ CHILYMPICS COOK-OFF’
Benefiting | South Strand Helping Hand and Surfrider Foundation Grand Strand Chapter
Who | 40 “Chilimasters” competing for Best Overall, Best Restaurant, People’s Choice, Hottest, Most Original, Best Vegetarian, Best Theme, and Best Use of S.C. Products.
When | noon-7 p.m. Sunday
Where | Wicked Tuna and Crazy Sister Marina, on U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet
Scheduled entertainers include | The Kregs, Paperwork, The Winchesters, Sideways Derby, Strike-O-Matics, The Carvers, Ten Toes Up, IAMDYNAMITE, and Chief Kamu’s Hula show
How much | Free admission; bring nonperishables and cans of food to donate to South Strand Helping Hand; $1 chili samples
Information | 333-2034 or http://surfridergrandstrand.org
Benefiting | reduction of church building debt
When | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday
Where | St. Brendan the Navigator Roman Catholic Church, 5101 Ocean Highway W. (U.S. 17), Shallotte, N.C.
How much | Free admission
Information | 910-575-2393 or http://saintbrendan-shallotte.org
‘INTERNATIONAL OBSERVE THE MOON NIGHT’
When | 7 p.m. Saturday
Where | Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C.
How much | $8 ages 13-61, $7 ages 62 and older, $6 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger
Includes | Binoculars and telescopes supplied, a group photo at the end of evening, and a certificate of participation.
Also | In case of inclement weather, program moves indoors
Information | 910-575-0033 or www.museumplanetarium.org
20TH ANNUAL PLEASURE ISLAND SEAFOOD, BLUES & JAZZ FESTIVAL
By | Bryant Real Estate and Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce
When | Saturday-Sunday – gates open 11 a.m., with music starting at 12:30 p.m. each day
Where | Fort Fisher Air Force Recreation Area, on U.S. 421 south in Kure Beach, N.C.
Scheduled entertainers |
• Saturday – Blues stage: Big Bump and Stun Gunz 12:30-1:50 p.m., Bobby Paltauf Experience 2:10-3:30, Justin Fox Trio 3:50-5:20, and Buddy Guy 8; ; jazz stage: BLP’s Taste of Jazz 1-2:20, Frog Project 2:40-4, and Will McBride Group 4:20-5:40.
• Sunday – Blues stage: Fatty Lumpkin and the Love Hogs 12:30-1:50, Randall Bramblett 2:20-3:40, and Wet Willie 4:20-5:50; jazz stage: Lee Venters and Vermillion Sands 1-2:20, Freeport 2:40-4, and Charlie and Rose Lucas 4:20-5:40.
How much | For ages 13 and older: two-day tickets $40 in advance, and at gate: $50 for Oct. 12, $15 Oct. 13; free for ages 12 and younger
Information | 910-458-8434, www.pleasureislandnc.org/seafood-blues-and-jazz-festival/ or www.eventbrite.com
13TH ANNUAL FALL EXHIBITION AND SALE
By | Brunswick Art Council
When | 10 am.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, Oct. 14-26
Where | Franklin Square Gallery, 130 E. West St., Southport, N.C.
Information | 910-371-2641 or www.brunswickartscouncil.org, and 910-278-7560 or www.franklinsquaregallery.com
EIGHTH ANNUAL GAITHER FEST
When | Concerts at 7 p.m. Friday, and 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday
Where | Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North
Scheduled entertainers | Bill Gaither and the Gaither Vocal Band, and The Browns, Jeff and Sheri Easter, Buddy Greene, The Isaacs, The Martins, comedian Taylor Mason, Gene McDonald, The Nelons, Angie Prim, Charlotte Ritchie, Russ Taff, Kevin Williams.
How much (covers both days) | $100 ages 13 and older, otherwise $35
Information | 800-406-4224 or http://gaither.com
20TH ANNUAL WACCAMAW AREA HEART WALK
Benefiting | American Heart Association
When | 10 a.m. Saturday (register on site 9 a.m.)
Where | Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park, on Farrow Parkway, across from The Market Common
Donations | $250,000 goal sought
Information | 282-2907 or www.waccamawheartwalk.org
THIRD ANNUAL GEORGETOWN ‘BRIDGE2BRIDGE’ RUN
Benefiting | Georgetown County United Way, Georgetown Business Association, and the Iota Tau Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Scholarship Fund
When | Saturday
What, when and where | Front Street area in downtown Georgetown
• 5K run/walk, 12K run and half-marathon each 7:30 a.m. starting and ending at clock tower on Front Street at Screven Street in downtown Georgetown, with respective awards at 9:30, 10 and 10:30 a.m.
• YMCA Kid’s Fun Run – 10 a.m. – for ages 6 and younger, going 100 yards from Rice Museum store, and for ages 7-12, a quarter-mile from Broad Street; $5 entry, and free for accompanying parents, with strollers welcome details from Georgetown County YMCA at 545-9622)
How much | 5K , 12K and half-marathon – $25/$50/$60 adults respectively until Oct. 1, otherwise $30/$60/$70 on site (open 6 a.m.); youth rates $20 for 5K, and $10 discount for either of other two events
Also | Entertainment by Bill Krauss at 9 a.m. at Francis Marion Park, at Front and Broad streets
Information | 546-8595 or www.bridge2bridgerun.com