• The Carolina Patriots, a non-profit, non-partisan group, will meet from 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday. Due to a scheduling change, this month only the group will meet on an earlier day than usual.
The meeting will be at Fire House No. 6 at 38th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, near the intersection of 38th Avenue North and Robert Grissom Parkway.
For information call Diana Aversano at 85-1204 or visit www.CarolinaPatriots.org.
• The South Enders Democratic Club will meet 6 pm Thursday at The Borgata Restaurant, 813 Surfside Drive, Surfside Beach. Guest speakers include Vicki Bourus, Georgetown Family Justice Center; Julia Castillo, Life Line of Myrtle Beach; and Detective Lester Cook, Myrtle Beach Police Department to talk about National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. For information contact Joan Furlong at email@example.com or online at www.southenders.org.
• The Beach Dems will hold their monthly breakfast at Akels Restaurant on Friday morning, featuring the candidates for Myrtle Beach mayor and City Council.
Candidates are expected to discuss their vision for Myrtle Beach.
No reservation is required to attend the breakfast, which costs $7 for the buffet. Akels is located at 6429 N. Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach.
For more information, call Sally P. Howard at 455-1936 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Join the Northwest Action Dems on Saturday at the Kingston Lake Educational Building, 3410 Church St. in Loris. Enter through the back of the building.
The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. and all are welcome. For more information, call Lutie Floyd at 756-0138.
• Horry County Republican Party’s executive committee will meet 6 p.m. Monday at Horry-Georgetown Technical College, 2050 Hwy 501 East, Conway, in the Burroughs and Chapin Auditorium.
Executive committee members who have not been active this summer are urged to attend so their positions are not replaced. Those executive committee members who cannot attend should contact the party and designate a proxy in accordance with the group’s bylaws.
Anyone who would like to add something to the agenda or make an announcement, should send an email with details so it can be added to the agenda.
Attendees should bring 2013-2014 dues to the October meeting. Individual memberships are $25.00 and memberships for couples are $40. Checks should be made payable to the Horry County Republican Party.